• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

4/23: Northstar Closing Day Tailgate Party.

Unpiste

Booting down
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Corn is OK. Asparagus - OTOH, :nono:.
On the "regular" thing, we are men. We are tough. :ogcool:
I have to respectfully disagree on the asparagus. (Corn is good to, but asparagus is a whole other story.)

I've been a little sad for the past month and a half or so missing the asparagus season (seriously) with all the good skiing every weekend. I'll happily take some off of someone's hands (with reasonable compensation possible) if that should become necessary.

Sean

I don’t see any holes
Skier
We will be there at opening bell. My wife is still getting her ski legs back and i like firmer snow if anyone wants to meet up earlier.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We will be there at opening bell. My wife is still getting her ski legs back and i like firmer snow if anyone wants to meet up earlier.
You are welcome to meet up earlier. We will be conveniing at True North in the Village about 8:15. Whoever comes retro, gets the perverbial cookie..or ear of corn..

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I have to respectfully disagree on the asparagus. (Corn is good to, but asparagus is a whole other story.)

I've been a little sad for the past month and a half or so missing the asparagus season (seriously) with all the good skiing every weekend. I'll happily take some off of someone's hands (with reasonable compensation possible) if that should become necessary.

Man, I can believe I skied with a vegan. :roflmao:

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Asparagus is marinated in olive oil, salt and pepper - ready to go! Your pee will smell cool. ..Corn is trimmed with some husk left on......

.other stuff I can bring: st.patricks day themed plastic cups, relish, half eaten bag generic "Doritos", lots of plastic spoons and some knives....I also found some meat to bring! Does anyone want a slab of grilled spam!?!....

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Asparagus is marinated in olive oil, salt and pepper - ready to go! Your pee will smell cool. ..

I also found some meat to bring! Does anyone want a slab of grilled spam!?!....

OK, time to get constructive.

Wrap some bacon around the asparagus to hide it. Drizzle it with some lemon thyme vinaigrette after it comes off the grill and no one will know it's a veg. Bacon fixes everything.

Spam is good. The state meat of the proud state of Hawaii. Stick some sliced pineapple on top and drench the whole thing with pure Vermont maple syrup and voilà - a vintage classic.

Spam.jpg

Make you feel like you are in Hawaii. :daffy::yahoo:

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
Parked at Northstar preferred parking area (behind Village express). Free for closing day. :)

Grabbing a quick (?) breakfast at Copper Lane next to Tacos Jalisco now. Hope to meet up with you all at the top of Zephyr at 10am.

(For aprés, ended up getting bottle of El Jimadore tequila silver and some paper shot cups)

Sean

I don’t see any holes
Skier
We got here a bit late. Havnt seen anyone so we will see you all in the lot.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
20170423_125933.jpg

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
:yeah:

Thanks to Phil and Tricia for an awesome day. Cool to meet more ski people in real life!

I'll be at alpine meadows for my last day of the season tomorrow. Let me know if you want to do a couple runs together.... hoping to go back to ny with a decent goggle tan...

:Cristmassnow:

Sponsor