• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

4/23: Northstar Closing Day Tailgate Party.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
DUO!

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm pretty much confirmed for Sunday at Northstar. So will drop by. If the snow is holding up well, maybe closer to 1pm than noon. Will bring some libations.

My daughter will insist on Mikunin lunch. So we'll be around for a bit few drinks before heading over there. It's a "tradition" now for us to get in a late-season Mikuni. Been doing it for several seasons.

2014-15: we ended the season at Mt.Rose around noon, be and drove to Northstar/Mikuni for a late lunch on one way home. :roflmao:

Our last turns of that (terrible) season-

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm pretty much confirmed for Sunday at Northstar. So will drop by. If the snow is holding up well, maybe closer to 1pm than noon. Will bring some libations.

My daughter will insist on Mikunin lunch. So we'll be around for a bit few drinks before heading over there. It's a "tradition" now for us to get in a late-season Mikuni. Been doing it for several seasons.

2014-15: we ended the season at Mt.Rose around noon, be and drove to Northstar/Mikuni for a late lunch on one way home. :roflmao:

You your daughter want sot do Makuni's...you have to. This will be their last day there, they are not extending their lease so they are closing the doors at Northstar.

TahoeCharlie

...Major Tom...
Skier

Nice turns, she looks like a pro.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Ann and I will be there!

Unpiste

Booting down
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Veg for grill????? :doh: :huh: :nono:
Beef. It's what's for dinner. :drool: Those guys skied hard. Kill something. Give them some meat. :roflmao::D
Well, I'm happy to eat grilled veggies if no one else wants them. :huh: I bought some ginger ale in case anyone wants something like that. I can stop by Safeway on the way tomorrow if we're still in need of things. (I hadn't read this thoroughly yet or I would have bought some condiments too.)

More to the point, I still have a few buddy and ski with a friend tickets. If anyone could use one, I expect to be at the ticket window by the skating rink around 8:20 tomorrow. (Are they still opening the lifts around 8:30-ish?) Send me a PM if you could use one, and I'll try to respond before I leave tomorrow.

Is there any plan for where people think they'll be skiing or meeting up in the morning? I've skied plenty recently, so I'm happy to go as fast or slow as a group would like, but it would be nice to ski with a few people.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yay, I can make this! Bumped into Alfred @Unpiste today at alpine. Turns out he has an extra buddy pass! So, we'll both be there.

I'm at Safeway now. What will be most useful to bring? I'll bring some veg for the grill...

K
Our grill is a meat only grill. @KingGrump is correct.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Morning meet up will be the top of Zepher lift by Zypher Lodge at 10:00. Look for the Pugski stickers..if you don't have stickers, they will be provided at the meet point. Party will start when conditions either denigrate or we we get thirsty...figure 1-ish..or 12..which ever comes first.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Corn is OK. Asparagus - OTOH, :nono:.
On the "regular" thing, we are men. We are tough. :ogcool:

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Don't worry - once the drinking starts they won't be able to differentiate an ear of corn from a sausage.

Sponsor

Staff online