• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

MattFromCanada

Professional Something-or-another
Skier
So I've finally come to the realization that my 2014 RX 130s are nearing the end of their life. 100+ days a year have done a number on them, they're on their second liners, second set of soles, I've had to replace a buckle that broke off... they're a lot softer than the used to be...

So time for a replacement. I can probably eke out the rest of the season on them just fine, but I'm wondering, is there much of a difference between the 2018 and the 2019 model that I'd be getting if I waited til the fall? I notice in the catalogue for next year that there's a "superleggeria" model range out there too? Same boot but just lighter?

Thanks everyone for the advice!

Artie

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
So I've finally come to the realization that my 2014 RX 130s are nearing the end of their life. 100+ days a year have done a number on them, they're on their second liners, second set of soles, I've had to replace a buckle that broke off... they're a lot softer than the used to be...

So time for a replacement. I can probably eke out the rest of the season on them just fine, but I'm wondering, is there much of a difference between the 2018 and the 2019 model that I'd be getting if I waited til the fall? I notice in the catalogue for next year that there's a "superleggeria" model range out there too? Same boot but just lighter?

According to the 2019 Lange Catalog, the only difference in the RX 130 is the color, black with gray accent color as opposed to this years black with green/yellow accent.

The RX Superleggera seems to be a lighter RX 120. It has a stated flex index of 120 and shares the same liner with the 120, but uses grilamid plastic for the shell and also uses lighter buckles apparently to shed some weight.

Magi

Instructor
Instructor

At least in the 130LV: My experience is that the black and green (older) model has a slightly less progressive flex pattern than the newer model, but they're both great. The fit should be identical.

(I own both - though I believe I have the 15-16 and the 17-18 models)

Sponsor

Staff online