• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Matchstix

Skis with cameras
Skier
Great day over at the Bird! Sorry we missed everyone at Snowbasin but the fresh was just too much to pass up.

Got a nice video of @Tony S, @Needham @KevinF and @mdf coming down to the base area at the beginning of the day.

Also took a few shots of @Needham, didn't want to stop for photos most of the day!
needham 1.jpg
needham.jpg
needham 3.jpg

Amazing snow over in Mineral Basin when we got in 5 mins after it opened. Hip deep for a few turns! Crowds were too much at the lift so we came back to the frontside, did a few off of Little Cloud and the Gad chairs, found some great snow and some nice trees. After we got split up towards the end of the day, I did one more run in Mineral Basin at 3:15. The snow was chopped up and getting a little thick, but it was a blast to cut up the empty bowl for the 2nd to last run.

On our way out we found my dad's boots in a glass case! So old they're a museum exhibit
museum.jpg

See everyone bright and early at Alta tomorrow!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Apologies for the brief change in subject...and This is prob another long shot, but does anyone coming from Ogden have room in their car to Alta for me tomorrow am?...

If not, no biggie. I’ll take the train or a cab. Just thought I’d check here first.

Thanks.
If I'd seen this before we went to SLC, one of our cars could have brought you here tonight.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Last edited:

James

Out There
Instructor
Looks like everyone is having a blast! Great timing. Looking to make some last minute reservations to get out there, hopefully before the Gathering ends so I can meet some of you for the first time. Does anyone have any tips on reasonable (say 150 a night or less) lodging in the LCC itself? Looks like the going rate is much higher based on searches, but figured I'd run it by the group to see if anyone knows of any specials. Otherwise I'll probably just stay down in Sandy. Hope to see some of you all this weekend. Save some snow!
Try the scheduling thread-
https://forum.pugski.com/threads/of...eral-info-scheduling.6622/page-26#post-219558

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
So many great pictures! I didn't get to ski with nearly enough of you, partly because I'd have been overterrained and we all know we didn't want me to have a panic attack :eek:
I did make some turns with @gardenmary, @Stephen, @David Chaus, @MegKan, and some others. Took some of them down upper FroZone, which is an area I panicked in last season, and had a BLAST! Tons of soft snow in there.

I wish the sun would have come out for all of you to see how rugged and beautiful Snowbasin is. I guess you will all just have to believe me!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So many great pictures! I didn't get to ski with nearly enough of you, partly because I'd have been overterrained and we all know we didn't want me to have a panic attack :eek:
I did make some turns with @gardenmary, @Stephen, @David Chaus, @MegKan, and some others. Took some of them down upper FroZone, which is an area I panicked in last season, and had a BLAST! Tons of soft snow in there.

I wish the sun would have come out for all of you to see how rugged and beautiful Snowbasin is. I guess you will all just have to believe me!
@AmyPJ, thanks for sharing your mountain with us and thank you for all the of the extra work you put in.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
thanks to the mod who cleaned up my last photo post. i know all the names of the folks in photos, will try to add later when not so consumed with skiing:)

Sponsor

Staff online