• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

tinymoose

Getting off the lift
Skier

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
I'm thinking of staying at the La Quinta in Midvale. It was our base for a mini gathering in April, and seems to be close enough to most everything. Anyone else staying there?

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I've got a booking at a newish Hampton Inn near the Deep Powder House off Wasatch, near the I215 exit to BCC/LCC.
Since I'm dirtbagging it on my own, however, I may downgrade.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Have to say, I'm already impressed with GMD. I had originally left a voicemail yesterday saying I wanted to book a dorm room then thought about it more and decided to go with the private room so I booked online with the plan to request the MC discount later. By 10:30 this morning they called, knew I'd gone ahead and booked the room and confirmed that I still wanted that but also offered to move me to a dorm, and applied the discount. When I mentioned there was a group of us coming she inquired about names of those already booked and saw the couple that I mentioned. Within seconds I had the new confirmation with the discount applied. If all of their service is as friendly and efficient it will be an awesome experience. Yes, I also mentioned Pugski.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Ok, a little counter cheerleading for Team Valley

For those of you planning on staying in SLC In previous Gatherings in Utah the area of choice for lodging was along Fort Union Blvd in Midvale, Utah. That road has just about every service you need such as gas, lodging, restaurants and multiple ski shops with discounted lift tickets and easy access to Little Cottonwood Canyon (Snowbird & Alta). MDF had a great idea when he suggested in a post we try to “zero in” on an area for lodging to make après-Ski easier, so here is the suggestion.

The area of choice is between Fort Union Blvd., I-15, and I-215 up to the base of the mountains. There are all price ranges of lodging in that area. Snowbird & Alta are about 15 miles ( ½ hour drive) under good conditions. It is about an hour and fifteen minutes to Snowbasin.

There are a couple of group house rentals already set up in that area.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Last edited:

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm glad I'm staying at GMD but that condo looks like it will be great. I'll have to think about that for future trips.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier

Sponsor

Staff online