• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

cmackvt

Putting on skis
Skier
I booked at the Best Western Plus Canyon Pines (Uintah). I called the front desk and they told me they were close to Snowbasin and gave me a 10% discount on the internet price because I was booking early. Two nights there before moving to GMD on Monday.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I thought we had determined that already, Amy's place? :huh:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! You funny!!

I booked at the Best Western Plus Canyon Pines (Uintah). I called the front desk and they told me they were close to Snowbasin and gave me a 10% discount on the internet price because I was booking early. Two nights there before moving to GMD on Monday.

That's the one. You're on I-84 up the Weber Canyon for approximately 8 miles, two miles on Old Highway Road in Mtn. Green, then about 10 minutes up Trapper's Loop to Snowbasin/Snowbasin Road. Groceries and restaurants are just a couple miles up highway 89 from the hotel, in South Ogden.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I MIGHT be talked into hosting some kind of après' event

I'll bring beer! :golfclap::beercheer:

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Polygamy is in all the state liquor shops, and you can get 4% Cutthroat at Smiths

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I'd love to bring some Japanese craft beers with me, but airport security and US customs frown on that :nono:

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Oh, and I forgot to ask, where is the nearest Temple to Snowbasin?

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Any ideas as to where to stay near Snowbasin on Saturday and Sunday nights?
Or more specifically, where in Ogden

If you'd consider staying in downtown Ogden, check out what the rates might be at the Ogden Courtyard by Marriott, it's about 30-40 minute commute to Snowbasin. Six years back we found luxury at this downtown hotel (known then as the Ogden Marriott) where the advance-purchase room rate for New Year’s Weekend was only $69 per night (six years ago). It has beautifully appointed rooms, a concierge desk, ski packages with shuttle service to the slopes, an elegant restaurant/bar (believe they closed restaurant when they changed to Courtyard), and an attractive indoor pool with hot tub. Ogden boasts a fun central business/dining/shopping district (we ate at Sonora Grill) and historic 25th Street with numerous diversions including the state-of-the-art indoor Salomon Recreation Center is only a block or two away from the Courtyard.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
If you'd consider staying in downtown Ogden, check out what the rates might be at the Ogden Courtyard by Marriott, it's about 30-40 minute commute to Snowbasin. Six years back we found luxury at this downtown hotel (known then as the Ogden Marriott) where the advance-purchase room rate for New Year’s Weekend was only $69 per night (six years ago). It has beautifully appointed rooms, a concierge desk, ski packages with shuttle service to the slopes, an elegant restaurant/bar (believe they closed restaurant when they changed to Courtyard), and an attractive indoor pool with hot tub. Ogden boasts a fun central business/dining/shopping district (we ate at Sonora Grill) and historic 25th Street with numerous diversions including the state-of-the-art indoor Salomon Recreation Center is only a block or two away from the Courtyard.
This is also a GREAT option. The Amer Sports (Salomon/Arc'Teryx) outlet is very nearby, too :D

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
That sounds like a great idea!

Sponsor