• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It's always an option if everyone is interested..... Either would be great by me. My son and I are not Expert skiers.....YET

Hell, I've been skiing since I was 12 and I STILL don't consider myself an Expert. Advanced, sure, but no Expert. Those pesky moguls keep me from feeling like a complete skier.
:philgoat:

Last edited:

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anyone have space for 1 Sunday the 4th in their lodging? Considering changing my flight to add a Snowbasin Day.

Danny

aka Cometjo
Skier
Also looking for space or someone who wants to share for Saturday and Sunday near Snowbasin (I've got a dorm bed at GMD for Mon-Sat).

Gary Stolt

Mr. Style
Team Gathermeister
Hello to all those attending the Gathering.
1) I have a house rented Mar 3-10 at the mouth of little and big Cottonwood canyons. House sleeps 12 and we currently have 10 in the house. I am looking for 2 more people. Cost will be $300 each for the week, assuming we fill the house. All beds, in this case, futons, are in bedrooms so no one is sleeping in a living room or other common area. You could be sharing a room with one other or if you are a couple, you will likely be in a queen bed in a bedroom by yourself. We have a great group of people and always have way too much fun. E-mail me with questions, etc. [email protected]

2) Check out the T-shirt thread and order your 2018 Utah Gathering T-shirt. I need to turn the order in Feb 13.

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Hey All,

Are there any women out there who would like to share a double room (2 full beds) at Goldminer's Daughter with me? I'm looking at 3 nights, checking in on the 6th and checking out on the 9th. I'm very clean, laid-back, and don't snore! ....Originally, I was looking at a Dorm bed, but those are 4 to a room (supposedly mostly male) at 183 per night. Whereas if I split a double room, it would be more like 150-ish a night with only 2 to a room with our own private bathroom! Please let me know if you or anyone you know may be interested.

Thanks!
k

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey All,

Are there any women out there who would like to share a double room (2 full beds) at Goldminer's Daughter with me? I'm looking at 3 nights, checking in on the 6th and checking out on the 9th. I'm very clean, laid-back, and don't snore! ....Originally, I was looking at a Dorm bed, but those are 4 to a room (supposedly mostly male) at 183 per night. Whereas if I split a double room, it would be more like 150-ish a night with only 2 to a room with our own private bathroom! Please let me know if you or anyone you know may be interested.

Thanks!
k

I'll let you in on a secret. Unless things have changed (and I really doubt it), they don't mix male and female in the dorms. The last Gathering there, @MaryG had a "women's dorm" reservation but she was the only one, so they gave her a single room instead.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If anyone is absolutely in a jam get a hold of me. I've rented a large home at the entrance to the canyon from the 5th to the 12th. Listing says it's 4 bedrooms but sleeps 12.... I usually take the number of bedrooms and double that and that's usually the "comfortable" capacity...... We were hoping some of the kids/grandkids would make it, but they can't get the time so we're overbooked....which is fine. I'll probably look at hosting a party on at least one of the nights we are there. We've a BBQ and hot tub and big patio space out back.....More to come on that.

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll be getting into Ogden on Friday 3/2. I'm not planning on skiing on Saturday, unless it's a powder day. I might get a boot fitting done on Saturday. If anyone wants to meet up, let me know.

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Finally sorted out my lodging! I'll be staying in downtown Ogden at the Bigelow for three nights, starting Sat, March 3. Anyone else staying in downtown Ogden? I figured it would be more interesting to walk around and get food around there vs. a more remote motel by the highway or something like that....On Tuesday, I move to the GMD until check-out on Friday. Sharing a room with @coskigirl....Thanks Robyn!

Does anyone have space in their car for me to get from Ogden to Alta on the Tuesday AM?! .... I travel very lightly. I'll just have a single ski bag and a boot backpack. Will pay for gas or buy a round of drinks for you!
:crossfingers::hail::beercheer:

I've updated the GMD list:

@Blue Streak (Monday-Fri)
@TheArchitect (Tues-Sat)
@guitar73 (sat-sat)
@tinymoose (sat-sat)
@vanhoskier (sat-sat)
@Pequenita (wed-sun)
various members of the CO crew (Mon-Fri)
@coskigirl (Mon-Fri)
@Tony (tseeb) and Lucia (Tues-Thu)
@bbinder and Marcia (TBD)
@dbostedo (Tues-Sat)
@MattSmith + definite cousin (Tues-Sat)
@Poolskier Vinny + buddy Pilot Dan (Mon-Fri)
@Rich Peters (Tues-Fri)
@TahoeCharlie (Tue-Sun)
@Pumba (Tue-Fri)

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey Pumba, can you edit me off the list? I had to cancel due to @!%#$! work Thanks!

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Hey Pumba, can you edit me off the list? I had to cancel due to @!%#$! work Thanks!

Oh yeah... :( Updated list :

@guitar73 (sat-sat)
@tinymoose (sat-sat)
@vanhoskier (sat-sat)
@Pequenita (wed-sun)
@coskigirl (Mon-Fri)
@Tony (tseeb) and Lucia (Tues-Thu)
@dbostedo (Tues-Sat)
@Rich Peters (Tues-Fri)
@TahoeCharlie (Tue-Sun)
@Pumba (Tue-Fri)

cmackvt

Putting on skis
Skier

Poolskier Vinny

Red Bull Athlete Wannabe
Skier
Just wondering if anyone is able to help a fellow pug skiers out with a lift to Alta on Monday after skiing Snowbasin. We are booked at the Goldminers
Daughter from Monday night to Friday night.

I’d be me and pilot Dan. We can leave right from the hill/Snowbasin or from downtown Ogden (Hampton inn and suites) after skiing. Happy to contribute beer/gas money/witty conversation?... ok maybe that’s a stretch...how about secret runs/powder stashes for western Canadian ski hills- that we can do!

Thanks!

Tony

tseeb
Skier
I was able to cancel Thursday night reservation I had at Red Lion around the block from Brewvies and add the last room at GMD (slopeview King for same price as non slopeview 2 doubles currently in). So we only have to change rooms and will be able to walk to après event (if it does not move again).

@guitar73 (sat-sat)
@tinymoose (sat-sat)
@vanhoskier (sat-sat)
@Pequenita (wed-sun)
@coskigirl (Mon-Fri)
@Tony (tseeb) and Lucia (Tues AM-Fri AM)
@dbostedo (Tues-Sat)
@Rich Peters (Tues-Fri)
@TahoeCharlie (Tue-Sun)
@Pumba (Tue-Fri)
@cmackvt (Mon - Fri)

Sponsor

Staff online