• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Oops. I didn't realize the new 13s didn't support WTR; I would have gotten the old model if I'd realized. Did I at least get some benefit from the new model?

The Grip Walk feature on your bindings is achieved with a mechanical slider instead of anti-friction device. So, in the event that you have old boots and the smooth spot under the ball of your boot shell is no longer smooth due to walking in parking lots etc., your bindings will still function properly and release at just the right moment.

Ok, there is your "some benefit". It is not much, but it's all I could come up with.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Anybody know anything about the Defiance 12?

Nothing great, I expect, but Level 9 is offering them free today with skis.

Thanks!

Just mounted a pair on some Icelantics. They seemed pretty solid to me. It is basically the Rx heal with diagonal release. The Defiance is made for Level Nine and the Defiance skis are from Elan too.(pretty sure).

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Bought a set of Tyrolia Attack2 11 GW with 115 brake. What's the correct drill diameter and depth for a ski with no metal? I want to get the right drill bit coming, but since it's a Christmas present (I bought it for me) I haven't opened the box yet.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Bought a set of Tyrolia Attack2 11 GW with 115 brake. What's the correct drill diameter and depth for a ski with no metal? I want to get the right drill bit coming, but since it's a Christmas present (I bought it for me) I haven't opened the box yet.
Should say on the ski but either a 3.5 or 4.1 by 9 should be what you are looking for.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
I thought 3.5x9 for non-metal and 4.1x9 for skis with metal in the binding area. I don't recall ever seeing this info on a ski - maybe I just never looked.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Bought some drill bits from Tognar. Turns out the Railflex bindings were covering up the spot where the 3.5 x 9 was printed. The Attack 11's look great, and the wider AFD sure inspires confidence that I'll have better communication between me and the ski.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Finally got the Deathwishes out for some turns at Jackson Hole last weekend. Skied the morning on them, and there's a big improvement in communication between the boots and the ski now. I was able to control the ski much more precisely than with the Railflexes. Not too much powder to work with, however, which is where this ski shines. Maybe it's the dirty mustache rocker, or the 112 width, or both. Feels like I'm trying to steer a Clydesdale compared to my other quiver members with 90 and 82 waists.

That said, they didn't improve enough to make the Moments my daily driver. I managed a decent run down the Hobacks, which were pretty scratchy down low due to some rain the day before. Not the ski to inspire confidence standing above Tower Three or Alta One with. I'll save them for big powder days or a Targhee catski day.

gilgamesh0

Booting up
Skier
For the Attack 13 brake widths -- what do folks prefer for an 88-ish width ski, the 85mm brake (I gather they run a little wider than the stated value) or the 95mm brake?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
For the Attack 13 brake widths -- what do folks prefer for an 88-ish width ski, the 85mm brake (I gather they run a little wider than the stated value) or the 95mm brake?
Yes, the 85mm will work best.

MJA

Booting up
Skier
Yes, the 85mm will work best.

I read on Blister that the AAAttack 13s are adjustable up to 32mm. Does the movement come from one of the toe or heel piece, or is it both? I'm wondering if I were to mount those on the recommended line for a pair of skis, could I then test the mount out at say -1 or +1? Or does the adjustability just come from one end, so that wouldn't be possible?

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I read on Blister that the AAAttack 13s are adjustable up to 32mm. Does the movement come from one of the toe or heel piece, or is it both? I'm wondering if I were to mount those on the recommended line for a pair of skis, could I then test the mount out at say -1 or +1? Or does the adjustability just come from one end, so that wouldn't be possible?

The toe piece on the Demo Attack 13 is on a track so you can move your boot -1 or +1 but the retail version has a fixed toe piece so only the heel adjusts to accommodate a larger or smaller boot.

blah

Getting on the lift
Skier
Resurrecting an old thread... Does anyone know if the mount pattern for the attack2 demo is the same as the mount pattern for the old/original attack demos?

Figuring out if i can convert a pair of skis to ISO9523 compliant with the least amount of drilling.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
@Philpug can verify, but I believe demo to demo is the same hole pattern. Regular Attack to Attack demos are different. The difference between the Attack demo and Attack2 demo is Gripwalk, WTR (MNC) for the Attack2.

Last edited:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Resurrecting an old thread... Does anyone know if the mount pattern for the attack2 demo is the same as the mount pattern for the old/original attack demos?

Figuring out if i can convert a pair of skis to ISO9523 compliant with the least amount of drilling.

@Philpug can verify, but I believe demo to demo is the same hole pattern. Regular Attack to Attack demos are different. The difference between the Attack demo and Attack2 demo is Gripwalk, WTR (MNC) for the Attack2.

It is the same mount pattern.

surfandski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clearwater Beach, Fl and Pisgah Forest, NC
Pardon the resurrection but it is Christmas after all...... Does anyone know if the Attack2 11 tracks are the same as the Attack2 13 tracks? I already have 2 pairs of 13s and have been looking for more tracks to put on all of my skis but to no avail. If all 4 pairs of my skis have the same bindings then I can travel with them flat and just bring 2 pairs of bindings when traveling. I hate paying $140 just to get the tracks but the 11s are about half as much $ as the 13s so I may just buy 2 pairs of the 11s even though the Din is too low. Thanks!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Pardon the resurrection but it is Christmas after all...... Does anyone know if the Attack2 11 tracks are the same as the Attack2 13 tracks? I already have 2 pairs of 13s and have been looking for more tracks to put on all of my skis but to no avail. If all 4 pairs of my skis have the same bindings then I can travel with them flat and just bring 2 pairs of bindings when traveling. I hate paying $140 just to get the tracks but the 11s are about half as much $ as the 13s so I may just buy 2 pairs of the 11s even though the Din is too low. Thanks!
Are you talking about the demo tracks? I believe they are. I do know the hole patterns of the two bindings are identical.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I hate paying $140 just to get the tracks but the 11s are about half as much $ as the 13s so I may just buy 2 pairs of the 11s even though the Din is too low.

If the DIN on the AAttack 11 is too low then you will likely come out of them when you don't want to...unless of course if you ski on smooth terrain, with perfect form. The other thing to consider is that the price difference is due to more than just a stiffer spring. There are other components in the 13 that are stronger and more durable than the 11.

surfandski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clearwater Beach, Fl and Pisgah Forest, NC
Hi DanoT. Yeah, I wasn't planning on using the actual 11s bindings as I'd be too close to their limit. I was just going to use the tracks so that all my skis have the same setup and then I can bring 2 pairs of 13s and slide them on to whichever 2 pairs I'm bringing to the mountain that day. Or if I'm flying out for a trip I can bring 2-3 pairs of skis "flat" in my ski bag and then bring 1-2 pairs of bindings depending upon the width skis.