• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Tyrolia Logo.jpg
MODELSTAND HEIGHT (mm)SETTING RANGEWEIGHT (g/pr)STANDARD BRAKE SIZES (mm)OPTIONAL BRAKE SIZES (mm)SOLE COMPATIBILITYCOLORS
Attack2 11 GW213-11180090, 10078, 115DIN, GripWalkWhite/Silver, Red, Green, Black
Attack2 12 GW173.5-12207085, 95, 110130, 150DIN, GripWalkMatte White
Attack2 13 GW174-13207085, 95, 110130, 150DIN, GripWalkRed, Green, Black
Attack2 14 AT244-142230*85, 95, 110, 130, 150DIN, GripWalk, WTR, TouringBlack
Attack2 16 GW175-162240*85, 95, 110, 130, 150DIN, GripWalkRed, Green, Black
Attack2 18 X GW178-182430*85, 95, 110, 130, 150DIN, GripWalkRed
Attack2 11 AT (demo)29.53-11243085, 90, 10078, 115DIN, GripWalk, WTR, TouringBlack
Attack2 13 AT (demo)324-13255095, 11085, 130, 150DIN, GripWalk, WTR, TouringBlack
    *Binding not sold with brakes.   
Note: all specs are based on information available at time of publishing and subject to change.

Tyrolia Attack2 11 GW

• Pluses: Lightweight, very responsive toe, fast return to center
  • Minuses: Significant ramp from heel to toe
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Z12, Warden 11; Marker Squire 11 ID; Look NX 11, NX 12 Dual

Tyrolia Attack2 12 GW

• Pluses: Lateral spring toe is compact, fast return to center, best price in segment
  • Minuses: No WTR
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Z12, Warden 11; Marker Squire 11 ID; Look NX 11, NX 12 Dual

Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW

• Pluses: Lateral spring toe is compact, fast return to center, best price in segment
  • Minuses: No WTR
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon STH2 WTR 13, Warden MNC 13; Look SPX 12 Dual, Pivot 12 Dual, Pivot 14 Dual; Marker Griffon 13 ID

Tyrolia Attack2 14 AT

• Pluses: Lateral spring toe is compact, fast return to center, accepts all soles
  • Minuses: Will be tough to find in shops, brakes sold a la carte
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden MNC 13, Look Pivot 14 Dual, Marker Griffon 13 ID

Tyrolia Attack2 16 GW

• Pluses: Lateral spring toe is compact, fast return to center
  • Minuses: No WTR, brakes sold a la carte
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon STH2 WTR 16; Look Pivot 14 Dual, Pivot 18; Marker Jester 16 ID

Tyrolia Attack2 18 X GW

• Pluses: Lateral spring toe is compact, fast return to center
  • Minuses: No WTR, brakes sold a la carte
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon STH2 WTR 16, Look Pivot 18, Marker Jester 18 Pro

Demo Bindings

Tyrolia Attack2 11 AT

• Adjustment range: 259-382mm
  • Toolless length adjustment: Yes w/manual toe height
  • Sole compatibility: DIN, GripWalk, WTR, MNC
  • Pluses: Accepts all soles
  • Minuses: Brake no longer stays on plate
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden 11 DT, Look NX 12 Konect, Marker Squire 11 D

Tyrolia Attack2 13 AT

• Adjustment range: 259-382mm
  • Toolless length adjustment: Yes w/manual toe height
  • Sole compatibility: DIN, GripWalk, WTR, MNC
  • Pluses: Accepts all soles
  • Minuses: Brake no longer stays on plate, highest stand height
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden 13 DT, Look SPX 12 Konect, Marker Griffon 13 D

PTskier

Been goin' downhill for years....
Pass Pulled
Are any specs available for the Tyrolia Freeflex Evo and the PRD12 (now with multi sole toes)? Anything new in the Head labeled bindings?

Is data available about the delta height specs?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Are any specs available for the Tyrolia Freeflex Evo and the PRD12 (now with multi sole toes)? Anything new in the Head labeled bindings?

Is data available about the delta height specs?
We can add the PRD12/PR11. We didn't do the race bindings for any of the manufacturers because of their limited market to just go on to race skis. With all but a few bindings having significant delta differences we did just stand height for consistency

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
I didn't realize the stand height differential was so great between all these bindings. There's 15mm difference which is better than 5/8" - how does that affect the average person's skiing?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I didn't realize the stand height differential was so great between all these bindings. There's 15mm difference which is better than 5/8" - how does that affect the average person's skiing?
A lot has to do with the ability to adjust between the different sole types.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I have posted about this before but can't remember which thread, so here it is again sorta from memory:

AAttack 13 demo toe has a track about 4-5in long that is attached to the ski with 4 screws. The NON-demo is attached with 2 screws but then there are two tabs that stick out the front of the toe piece and hook under a separate plastic piece that is attached to the ski with 2 screws. This creates a hinge effect but still means that 4 screws are used in total to attach the toe piece to the ski.

My theory is that the demo binding creates a flat spot under the boot when the ski is flexed, but the hinged non demo ski eliminates the flat spot, allowing the ski to flex more evenly. I know my skiing style is such that I won't notice or will be able to adapt to the difference between the two bindings. However I imagine that a pro level skier will notice the difference...but it still might not matter.

Putting on a Marker Griffon in deep snow: Here is a tip from a Mike Wiegele Heliski tail gunner (rear guide) who has lots of experience helping clients gets skis back on in powder: As you put the lip of the boot toe into the toe piece and begin to step down with the heel, lift up on the boot toe while still keeping it in the binding toe piece and still stepping down in the heel.

I don't know from personal experience if the above works because I replaced my Griffons with a Salomon STH2 than is very easy to put back on in deep snow.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Two questions - first, does any Tyrolia model have a significantly wider mount? Looking to get rid of a Railflex binding on Moment Deathwish that feels too wishy washy (word I'm looking for . . . rotational slop?). I'm not sure if there is a binding made for wider skis - could be just a myth.

Second, if I'm putting a brake on 112 mm waist, would it be better to get a 130 brake or just bend a 110 a bit?

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Two questions - first, does any Tyrolia model have a significantly wider mount? Looking to get rid of a Railflex binding on Moment Deathwish that feels too wishy washy (word I'm looking for . . . rotational slop?). I'm not sure if there is a binding made for wider skis - could be just a myth.

Second, if I'm putting a brake on 112 mm waist, would it be better to get a 130 brake or just bend a 110 a bit?

Most all Tyrolia's use the same mount pattern. However their AFD widths can differ a good bit. The Attacks AFD for instance is wider than most of the AFDs on Railflex bindings or most Mojos. You could try swapping in an Attack binding if the Railflex uses the standard mount pattern (someone else would have to confirm.)

IMHO you're probably getting the rotational slop from the rail rather than the width of the binding mount.

110 brakes for sure. Easy to bend 2mm. You probably won't even have to.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Interesting. I suppose the AFD would transfer as much leverage as any other part of the binding. It would be the third drill pattern on these skis. Not a showstopper yet.

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
A lot has to do with the ability to adjust between the different sole types.

Well that tells me why there's a difference but it doesn't tell me how that extra 5/8" is going to affect the boot / ski connection and thus, my skiing. I imagine it can't be a benefit but how much of a design compromise is it?

Also why do skis like the Head iRally (PRD 12) and the Rossi Pursuit (SPX12 Konect) series always come with system bindings and not flat?

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Well that tells me why there's a difference but it doesn't tell me how that extra 5/8" is going to affect the boot / ski connection and thus, my skiing. I imagine it can't be a benefit but how much of a design compromise is it?

Also why do skis like the Head iRally (PRD 12) and the Rossi Pursuit (Konect) series always come with system bindings and not flat?

Whether you like additional stand height or not depends on the individual skier. It gives you more leverage to the edges -- just like riser plates/race plates you see on race skis. The rule of thumb is that this is an advantage for piste-oriented skis, and a negative for off-piste / powder. The downside to more leverage is that it tends to reduce the "snow feel" -- feeling connected to the ground and terrain.

As for the system skis -- my guess is that it basically mimics the skiing characteristics of a race plate (yes, a bit "lower performance"), and allows manufacturers to make a bit more profit by bundling it all together.

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
You could write a book with what I don't know about ski equipment!

I'm just happy to be in a "safe place" where I can ask a question, get an answer and not be called a "jong" (whatever the F that is).

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier

I'm just happy to be in a "safe place" where I can ask a question, get an answer and not be called a "jong" (whatever the F that is).

I say this as a maggot; we're all jongs in our own ways.

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Got nekkid pictures of your sister....??? :roflmao:

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Anybody know anything about the Defiance 12?

Nothing great, I expect, but Level 9 is offering them free today with skis.

Thanks!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Oops. I didn't realize the new 13s didn't support WTR; I would have gotten the old model if I'd realized. Did I at least get some benefit from the new model?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Oops. I didn't realize the new 13s didn't support WTR; I would have gotten the old model if I'd realized. Did I at least get some benefit from the new model?
The new one is Grip Walk, for WTR, you need the 14 or the 13 DEMO.