• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
https://www.skiessentials.com/

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor

Hey PugSkiers!

We've had a lot of questions and comments about our ski test, so we decided to put together a little "Behind the Scenes" article. Although not featured in the video, @Philpug and @Tricia made an appearance!

We're already looking forward to the 2019 Ski Test, which we plan on hosting in mid-March again at Stowe Mountain Resort. We'll be taking feedback from this season's test very seriously and will work hard to build and improve upon this 1st Annual Test, so let us know your thoughts!

Click the image above for the article and video.

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We had a good time with you guys. Maybe this year we could be more involved ;). Where are the pictures of "The Tent"?

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

SkiTalk Sponsor
We had a good time with you guys. Maybe this year we could be more involved ;). Where are the pictures of "The Tent"?

I think we can make that happen... :beercheer:

Tent? Hmm... I don't recall anything out of the ordinary happening with a tent...

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
We're already looking forward to the 2019 Ski Test, which we plan on hosting in mid-March again at Stowe Mountain Resort. We'll be taking feedback from this season's test very seriously and will work hard to build and improve upon this 1st Annual Test, so let us know your thoughts!

I feel like a short video clip for each ski would be great, if possible. Easier said than done :)

Last edited:
TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

SkiTalk Sponsor
I feel like a short video clip for each ski would be great, if possible. Easier said than done :)

We agree 100%! I can't remember what the exact number was, but I believe about 80 out of the 122 skis have videos. Video is one thing that we're planning on really taking to the next level for the 2019 ski test.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
We agree 100%! I can't remember what the exact number was, but I believe about 80 out of the 122 skis have videos. Video is one thing that we're planning on really taking to the next level for the 2019 ski test.

Yeah, I feel like a uniform format would help, and simpler might be better. Meaning, perhaps a simple 30s edit of a tester (or more) on each ski. If you choose something really elaborate, it might be hard to do it for all skis consistently. As a reader, the main thing is seeing the beast in action.

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

SkiTalk Sponsor
Yeah, I feel like a uniform format would help, and simpler might be better. Meaning, perhaps a simple 30s edit of a tester (or more) on each ski. If you choose something really elaborate, it might be hard to do it for all skis consistently. As a reader, the main thing is seeing the beast in action.

That was more or less what we tried to do this past season. They're 30-70 second videos without any voice over. We'll do as much as we can for the 2019 test, I personally would like to have a little audio about each ski in the videos, but we'll see what we can accomplish!

Sponsor