• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2018 Olympic Predictions

squill

Getting on the lift
Skier
Anyone else see the Norwegian DHer Sebastian-Foss Solevag's toe piece self-destruct in training? Luckily, he did not crash but he certainly "markered out" ;)

@3:32

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Womens GS Postponed. Wind.

No details yet on the rescheduling.

Hmm.

Ahh ... I was here to see about that, thank you! We kicked cable TV out of our lives a few years back, but we don't have the Olympics on either Netflix or Hulu, and the Youtube regular coverage sucks. How hard would it be to pay per event, these days of Internet TV? Oh well ...

Snowfan

aka Eric Nelson
Skier
I dumped our DISH and with no cable only have internet and NBC over the air....hard to find the good stuff. No apps and no access!!! The wind delays have given me time to search for coverage :)

James

Out There
Instructor
Is the wind going to stop or is this like a regular thing there?
Slopestyle snowboard was delayed also. Jamie Anderson the defending gold winner was apparently like wtf?, it's winter, let's go.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Still looking like Holmenkol blue wax conditions there.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Is the wind going to stop or is this like a regular thing there?
Slopestyle snowboard was delayed also. Jamie Anderson the defending gold winner was apparently like wtf?, it's winter, let's go.

They showed Mikaela on NBC taking a round. The announcer said that other racers saw her coming down and jaw-dropped, and later said "she already got the gold". Hope so, she's such a beautiful skier ...

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
I think this wind direction, NW, is the predominant one this time of year. But, this came in strong after warmer temps on Friday and Saturday. Sounds like this comes right from Siberia. The forecast seems to call for a bit warmer temps and much lesser winds. Fingers crossed.

Depending on what they may decide to do with the women's tech surface {which may be not much at all as they were ready to go}, this cold be ideal for MS, and not what the Europeans would prefer. Sounds like it, anyways. I suspect the two tech events back to back will be fine.

Fingers crossed for her!

Karen_skier2.0

AKA - RX2SKI
Skier
I'm gutted that after all of the aerials and moguls have commenced, the US has not earned a single medal. There were excellent individual performances and many people made it to the finals, but, alas, no podium. I guess with youth comes inexperience and I'm looking forward to next years World Champs for redemption on home soil. Here's to 2022.

Sponsor

Staff online