• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

James

Out There
Instructor
Yes, I had a Griffon fail a binding check. The heel. It wasn't new, but the shop found me some heells - pre owned. Southwest airlines applied the coup de grace to those, no tests needed.

ted

Getting off the lift
Skier
I need to replace a broken Squire heel. For reasons too long to get into, as far as why pick these bindings,

can anyone tell me if the mount pattern is the same between the royal bindings an the 12.0 TPX and the 11.0 TP. Also the Race Excel 12?
Thanks

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I need to replace a broken Squire heel. For reasons too long to get into, as far as why pick these bindings,

can anyone tell me if the mount pattern is the same between the royal bindings an the 12.0 TPX and the 11.0 TP. Also the Race Excel 12?
Thanks
Mount pattern is different between Royals and Twincam heels.

ted

Getting off the lift
Skier
Mount pattern is different between Royals and Twincam heels.
Thanks Phil. So won't work for this replacement.

As an aside, 12.0 TPX is largely unheard of but looks like a decent binding. Any thoughts on it?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks Phil. So won't work for this replacement.

As an aside, 12.0 TPX is largely unheard of but looks like a decent binding. Any thoughts on it?
Just plug the old holes and drill new ones.

Marker 12.0 TPX
  • Pluses: Quick return to center, accepts GripWalk
  • Minuses: No brake option 80mm or less
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden 11, Tyrolia Attack2 12 GW, Look NX 12 Dual

ted

Getting off the lift
Skier
Just plug the old holes and drill new ones.

They are Volkl BMTs that will get Shift bindings next years, so kind of avoiding drilling extra holes.
I'll just throw another royal heel on for now.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Philpug : Is the Marker 10.0 TP gripwalk essential the same as the 11.0 you listed? (With lower release values of course)

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug : Is the Marker 10.0 TP gripwalk essential the same as the 11.0 you listed? (With lower release values of course)
No, it does not have the Twin Cam heel but the Impact heel. The 11.0 is a lighter version on the 12.0 in the heel with a Triple Pivot Compact toe.

Sponsor

Staff online