• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Marker Logo.jpg
MODELSTAND HEIGHT (mm)SETTING RANGEWEIGHT (g/pr)STANDARD BRAKE SIZES (mm)OPTIONAL BRAKE SIZES (mm)SOLE COMPATIBILITYCOLORS
11.0 TP183-11187090, 110 DIN, GripWalkBlack, White
12.0 TPX184-12190690, 110 DIN, GripWalkBlack
Squire 11 ID223-11154090, 110 DIN, GripWalk, WTRBlack, White, Red
Griffon 13 ID224-13204490, 110, 120136DIN, GripWalk, WTRBlack, White
Jester 16 ID226-16210690, 110120, 136DIN, GripWalk, WTRBlack
Jester 18 Pro228-18219090, 120110, 136DINRed
Squire 11 D (demo)253-11193590, 110 DIN, GripWalk, WTRBlack
Griffon 13 D (demo)254-13245090, 110, 120136DIN, GripWalk, WTRBlack
Jester 16 (demo)256-16239690, 110120, 136DINBlack
Note: all specs are based on information available at time of publishing and subject to change.

Marker 11.0 TP

• Pluses: Multidirectional toe, accepts GripWalk
  • Minuses: No brake option 80mm or less
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden 11, Tyrolia Attack2 11 GW, Look NX 11

Marker 12.0 TPX

• Pluses: Quick return to center, accepts GripWalk
  • Minuses: No brake option 80mm or less
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden 11, Tyrolia Attack2 12 GW, Look NX 12 Dual

Marker Squire 11 ID

• Pluses: Ultra lightweight, accepts GripWalk
  • Minuses: Difficult to get into for lighter skiers, short BSL, or deeper snow.
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden 11; Tyrolia Attack2 11 GW; Look NX 11, NX 12 Dual

Marker Griffon 13 ID

• Pluses: Lightest actual weight, lateral spring, fast return to center, no adjustment needed to switch to GripWalk
  • Minuses: Difficult to get into for lighter skiers, short BSL, or deeper snow
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden MNC 13, STH2 WTR 13; Look SPX 12 Dual, Pivot 12 Dual; Tyrolia Attack2 GW 13, Attack2 14 AT

Marker Jester 16 ID

• Pluses: Metal toe wing and heel stanchions, no adjustment needed to switch to GripWalk
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon STH2 WTR 16; Look Pivot 18; Marker Jester 18 Pro; Tyrolia Attack2 16 GW, Attack2 18 X GW

Marker Jester 18 Pro

• Pluses: Solid AFD, metal toe wing and heel stanchions
  • Minuses: Difficult to get into for lighter skiers, short BSL, or deeper snow; solid AFD; no GripWalk or WTR
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon STH2 WTR 16, Look Pivot 18, Marker Jester 16 ID, Tyrolia Attack2 18 X GW

Demo Bindings

Marker Squire 11 D

• Adjustment range: 260-388mm
  • Toolless length adjustment: Yes
  • Sole compatibility: All
  • Pluses: Lightest of all demos
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden 11 DT, Look NX 12 Konect, Tyrolia Attack2 11 AT Demo

Marker Griffon 13 D
  • Toolless length adjustment: Yes
  • Sole compatibility: All
  • Pluses: Lightest of 13 bindings
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden 13 DT, Look SPX 12 Konect, Tyrolia Attack2 13 AT Demo

Marker Jester 16

• Toolless length adjustment: No
  • Sole compatibility: DIN
  • Pluses: Metal toe wings and heel stanchions, only demo that goes to 16
  • Minuses: Difficult to get into for lighter skiers, short BSL, or deeper snow; no WTR or GripWalk
  • Others to consider: None (it's the only 16 DIN demo binding)

princo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Do you know if the Schizo series has been discontinued? They are available at some places, but are not listed on their website.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Do you know if the Schizo series has been discontinued? They are available at some places, but are not listed on their website.
They are not in the line for this coming season.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
@Philpug -- can you speak to what about the heel design of markers make them difficult to step into? I know I've always felt they have more forward pressure to achieve correct adjustment than others, but don't exactly know why. I have noticed unlike Tyrolia/Salmon heels (but like Look heels), the spring is incorporated in the part that pops-up on step-in. I've also heard something about the camming angle. But don't quite understand which and why (or the pros / cons beyond being harder to step in and more of a PITA to set forward pressure.)

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug -- can you speak to what about the heel design of markers make them difficult to step into? I know I've always felt they have more forward pressure to achieve correct adjustment than others, but don't exactly know why. I have noticed unlike Tyrolia/Salmon heels (but like Look heels), the spring is incorporated in the part that pops-up on step-in. I've also heard something about the camming angle. But don't quite understand which and why (or the pros / cons beyond being harder to step in and more of a PITA to set forward pressure.)
IMHO, it is not one thing. Forward pressure is part of it. Other issue is the heel treadle. Look at the treadle of the Griffon verses the Sth2 heel. The Griffon is almost pointed up so with a softer sole boot, it actually grips it and makes it more difficult to step in especially when you consider the angle of the boot when the toe is in the toepeice. Now look at the treadle of the Salomon, it almost matches the angle of the boot when it is trying to engage the heel. That combined with the heel design, but I am referring to treadle in this instance.

I would be interested in measuring the cam angle of the Royal bindings verses that of the Look SPX/Pivot.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor

Just about any binding with a 2 piece heel is harder to step into than a three piece heel. Royal bindings, Knee and Look PX would be examples of 2 piece. Marker XCell, Tyrolia race, Salomon STH would be examples of 3-piece heels. Look Pivot/Rossi FKS are the exception, 2 piece heel but very easy step in force.

princo

Getting off the lift
Skier
Do you have any idea/past experience as to how long Marker keeps their bindings in the indemnification list after they stop selling them? (Some are upset by Atomic FFGs bought new 2 seasons ago being off the list).

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
(Some are upset by Atomic FFGs bought new 2 seasons ago being off the list).

And they should be upset if they really are off the list since the same binding with a different paint scheme / branding stamp is still on the list (Salomon STH).

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil, I really like this info, but the one thing I really care about, delta, is missing. Any way to get those data for all these options?

Mike
Mike,
Other than a few exceptions, all are w/in 1mm or 2. Those exceptions are some system skis, Head and their Attack 11.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier

I've come to rely on these bindings for fatter skis especially. Have you heard why these bindings are being discontinued?

I've heard rumors for a few years that they would be, possibly because of lack of interest/sales in them, and "too many moving parts that can go wrong" kinds of reasons. But I'm not in the business, and don't really know.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I've come to rely on these bindings for fatter skis especially. Have you heard why these bindings are being discontinued?

I've heard rumors for a few years that they would be, possibly because of lack of interest/sales in them, and "too many moving parts that can go wrong" kinds of reasons. But I'm not in the business, and don't really know.
I haven't heard why, but I would verture to say because lack of sales.

Vinnie

Getting on the lift
Skier
Marker Griffon 13 ID
  • Pluses: Lightest actual weight, lateral spring, fast return to center, no adjustment needed to switch to GripWalk
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden MNC 13, STH2 WTR 13; Look SPX 12 Dual, Pivot 12 Dual; Tyrolia Attack2 GW 13, Attack2 14 AT

I've been using Griffon bindings for years. I fit all of the minuses mentioned, don't want to jinx myself, but I've never had any problem with them including deep snow. Then again maybe I'm just used to struggling to get my boots back in! For me they release when they should and not otherwise, which may be a low bar for binding performance but works for me.

ski otter 2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I've been using Griffon bindings for years. I fit all of the minuses mentioned, don't want to jinx myself, but I've never had any problem with them including deep snow. Then again maybe I'm just used to struggling to get my boots back in! For me they release when they should and not otherwise, which may be a low bar for binding performance but works for me.

Ditto.

Plus, with the screw adjustment, you can adjust them so precisely - including the demo Griffons and Schizo Griffons.

James

Out There
Instructor
Yeah women with any rubberish heel material on their boot should run from the Griffon.
No one has mentioned the squeaks from the toe in cold weather especially.

I'm amazed they haven't replaced the line.
Actually... I'm not. Sad!

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Yeah women with any rubberish heel material on their boot should run from the Griffon.
No one has mentioned the squeaks from the toe in cold weather especially.

I'm amazed they haven't replaced the line.
Actually... I'm not. Sad!

As a binding company Marker has become a disappointment.

When I replaced my Griffons 2 years ago with an easier to get into binding, I had a discussion with the ski tech at the shop where I work about Marker. This is a guy with a dozen + years experience and he said that Marker is the only binding company whose brand new bindings occasionally fail a binding bench test.

At Sun Peaks all employees who get paid while on skis have to get their bindings bench tested before they are issued a season pass. I was at the shop a few weeks ago when a ski instructors brand new Marker bindings failed the bench test. One heel piece was just within specs for forward release but the other was just outside the specs and failed.

The instructor got new replacement Marker bindings from the shop across the street. At our shop we no longer sell Marker and have just about phased them out of our demo fleet.

ChrisJ

Booting up
Skier
Hey Phil looks like you missed their X Cell race binding which can be mounted flat as well.
Best binding in the line IMHO anyway. X cell toe, wider stance, more consistent hold and release. Don’t find the heal hard to get into at all. My masters SL ski with these and their consumer race r motion race plate has the most buttery flex. I’d happily put them on a mid fat or even pow ski over a griffon anyday.
Binding tech at my local shop also with 15+ yrs said same thing about bench tests on Griffon/dukes but x cells were fine.
I’ve heard the Kingpin is a big step up in power transmission over other tech bindings and many in Whistler love em.