• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Look Logo.jpg
MODELSTAND HEIGHT (mm)SETTING RANGEWEIGHT (g/pr)STANDARD BRAKE SIZES (mm)OPTIONAL BRAKE SIZES (mm)SOLE COMPATIBILITYCOLORS
NX 1018.53-10160083, 9373DINBlack, Black/White
NX 1118.53.5-11183090, 10080, 120DINBlack Sparkle, Black/White, Blue/Orange
NX 12 Dual18.53.5-12203090, 100, 12080DIN, WTR, GripWalk*Black Sparkle, Black/White
SPX 1018.53-10200090, 100120DINBlack, White Icon (Jr Race)
SPX 12 Dual18.53.5-12223090, 100, 12080DIN, WTR, GripWalk*Black Sparkle, Black/White, Blue/Orange, Yellow/Black
Pivot 12 Dual18.54-14229095, 11575, 130DIN, WTR, GripWalk*Black, Yellow/Black
Pivot 14 Dual18.55-14229095, 11575, 130DIN, WTR, GripWalk*Black, White Icon, Yellow/Black
Pivot 1818.58-18249075, 95, 115, 130 DIN, WTRWhite Icon
NX 12 Konect (demo)333.5-12270090, 10080, 120DIN, WTR, GripWalk*Black/White
SPX 12 Konect (demo)333.5-12290090, 100, 12080DIN, WTR, GripWalk*Black/White
      *Compatible with GripWalk in alpine DIN mode only, not WTR. 
Note: all specs are based on information available at time of publishing and subject to change.
Look NX 10 and NX 11
  • Pluses: Lightweight, multidirectional toe release, easy step-in heel
  • Minuses: Older design but still does the job
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Z12, Warden 11; Marker Squire 11 ID; Tyrolia Attack2 11 GW
Look NX 12 Dual
  • Pluses: Multidirectional toe release, simple WTR adjustment, accepts GripWalk
  • Minuses: Lightweight heel
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Z12, Warden 11; Marker Squire 11 ID; Tyrolia Attack2 11 GW, Attack2 12 GW
Look SPX 10
  • Pluses: Great "tweener" option, commonly used for junior race skis
  • Minuses: Tough to find outside race shops
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Z12, Warden 11; Marker Squire 11 ID; Tyrolia Attack2 11 GW, Attack2 12 GW
Look SPX 12 Dual
  • Pluses: Multidirectional toe release, simple WTR adjustment, accepts GripWalk, responsive heel
  • Minuses: Heavy, long mount distance
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon STH2 WTR 13, Warden MNC 13; Look Pivot 12 Dual, Pivot 14 Dual; Marker Griffon 13 ID; Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW

Look Pivot 12 Dual

• Pluses: Multidirectional toe release, simple WTR adjustment, accepts GripWalk, shortest mount distance, low rotation weight, most elasticity in heel
  • Minuses: Very little range of adjustment, can be quirky to get into, low brakes can get caught landing switch
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon STH2 WTR 13, Warden MNC 13; Look Pivot 14 Dual; Marker Griffon 13 ID; Tyrolia Attack2 13 GW

Look Pivot 14 Dual
  • Pluses: Responsive heel, 20mm of travel, shortest mount distance, lowest rotation weight, most elasticity in heel
  • Minuses: Very little range of adjustment, can be quirky to get into, low brakes can get caught landing switch (same binding as 12, just a slightly stronger spring)
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon STH2 WTR 16; Look Pivot 18; Marker Jester 16 ID, Jester 18 Pro; Tyrolia Attack2 14 AT, Attack2 16 GW, Attack2 18 X GW

Look Pivot 18
  • Pluses: All metal, single-pivot toe
  • Minuses: WTR AFD optional, must be changed before toe piece is installed (AFD Part #FCEF002)
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon STH2 WTR 16; Look Pivot 14 Dual; Marker Jester 16 ID, Jester 18 Pro; Tyrolia Attack2 16 GW, Attack2 18 X GW

Demo Bindings

Look NX 12 Konect
  • Adjustment range: 260-377mm
  • Toolless length adjustment: Yes, w/manual AFD
  • Sole compatibility: DIN, GripWalk, WTR, MNC
  • Pluses: Easy step-in heel, easiest to adjust for DIN/WTR, accepts GripWalk
  • Minuses: Tall stand height, heavy for entry-level demo
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden 11 DT, Marker Squire 11 D, Tyrolia Attack2 11 AT Demo

Look SPX 12 Konect
  • Adjustment range: 260-377mm
  • Toolless length adjustment: Yes, w/manual AFD
  • Sole compatibility: DIN, WTR
  • Pluses: Easiest to adjust for DIN/WTR, accepts GripWalk
  • Minuses: Tall stand height, heaviest of all demos
  • Others to consider: Atomic/Salomon Warden 13 DT, Marker Griffon 13 D, Tyrolia Attack2 13 AT Demo

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Does this imply that the standard Look toe found on non-WTR SPX/Pivot/PX models is okay with GripWalk? Cause um...that changes some boot considerations. Or is the Dual toe in "alpine DIN mode" different than older versions which only had the alpine DIN mode -- as leaving GripWalk off the P18 would suggest?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Does this imply that the standard Look toe found on non-WTR SPX/Pivot/PX models is okay with GripWalk? Cause um...that changes some boot considerations. Or is the Dual toe in "alpine DIN mode" different than older versions which only had the alpine DIN mode -- as leaving GripWalk off the P18 would suggest?
Correct. The old AFD, is DIN only. the new Dual AFD is shaped different and will accommodate both DIN and GripWalk in the Alpine setting.

Heeler

Doug M.
Skier
Correct. The old AFD, is DIN only. the new Dual AFD is shaped different and will accommodate both DIN and GripWalk in the Alpine setting.
Could it be the WTR ont the Pivot 12 and 14's that account for the "quirkiness" you mention in getting into the bindings? I have two pairs of pre-WTR Pivot 14s and I've never found stepping into the bindings a challenge in any conditions. I don't really need the extra DIN of the 18s though I'm in their settings range. I don't care about the WTR and I'm not a switch rider, let alone a switch lander so is there a big enough difference in stepping into the bindings to justify the extra cost? These will be going on the Z90s I just ordered so if you snort some milk up your nose about the binding cost differential I understand :eek:

Thanks

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Could it be the WTR ont the Pivot 12 and 14's that account for the "quirkiness" you mention in getting into the bindings? I have two pairs of pre-WTR Pivot 14s and I've never found stepping into the bindings a challenge in any conditions. I don't really need the extra DIN of the 18s though I'm in their settings range. I don't care about the WTR and I'm not a switch rider, let alone a switch lander so is there a big enough difference in stepping into the bindings to justify the extra cost? These will be going on the Z90s I just ordered so if you snort some milk up your nose about the binding cost differential I understand :eek:

Thanks
Valid question, but no. The quirkiness is attributed to the pivot heel not always resetting, being tougher to align sometimes and/or snow accumulating under the brake. Personally I also am partial to the pre WTR toes, I like a solid AFD.

Snowcat

Booting up
Skier
Possible to move integrated Look bindings without track from ski with integrated track to flat ski or is that stupid and inadvisable?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Possible to move integrated Look bindings without track from ski with integrated track to flat ski or is that stupid and inadvisable?
Not sure what you are asking...

Snowcat

Booting up
Skier
If there is a ski with an integrated binding setup, is it possible to take the toe and heel piece from the bindings from that ski (ski A) and mount that on a flat ski (ski B) which has no track? Or is that stupid or bad?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If there is a ski with an integrated binding setup, is it possible to take the toe and heel piece from the bindings from that ski (ski A) and mount that on a flat ski (ski B) which has no track? Or is that stupid or bad?
Are we talking a race binding? If so, you can mount flat, double check screw length. If it is a system binding, you can move it but you need to move the track too.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
There is something suspiciously missing from the 2018 line up...

Pivot 15... :huh: :doh: :eek: :nono:

Come on LOOK, we've made a strong case for it's return. Grant us a Limited Edition run and you'll see!

#bringbackthepivot15

Snowcat

Booting up
Skier
Are we talking a race binding? If so, you can mount flat, double check screw length. If it is a system binding, you can move it but you need to move the track too.

OK thanks. Not race but it looked like to me that it was only a screw length issue too. Too bad.

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
There is something suspiciously missing from the 2018 line up...

Pivot 15... :huh: :doh: :eek: :nono:

Come on LOOK, we've made a strong case for it's return. Grant us a Limited Edition run and you'll see!

#bringbackthepivot15

Well, there is a quiet recall on a production run of Pivots, so it is almost the same as not making a Pivot 15. I'm just trying to make you feel better, man.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
Well, there is a quiet recall on a production run of Pivots, so it is almost the same as not making a Pivot 15. I'm just trying to make you feel better, man.

I find it odd that a binding that has been in production and unchanged except for color ways could find itself in that situation.
Maybe a vendor supplied part issue? Springs perhaps?

Rhint

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Long time Lurker, first time poster.

(Among other skis) I'm running a pair of Lupos with gripwalk soles on some Pivot 14s. I took my setup in to the shop to have my toe height looked at, and interestingly they set the bindings to WTR mode. It seems like there's a bit more wiggle room between the AFD and boot than I've seen on my other regular pivots and my old alpine boot.

This and TGR are the only places I've seen people mention that the pivots need to be in alpine mode to work with gripwalk. Can anyone confirm this is, in fact, what I should be doing? My local shop tech's don't instill the greatest confidence in their knowledge of some of these newer features.

Cheers

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Gripwalk is to be in Alpine position. Your shop is mistaken.

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier

Any idea what the issue is? I have seen some suspicious breakage on the heel. If you don't have the serial number and don't know what the issue is, is there any recourse?

Joal

Out on the slopes
Skier
"Quiet recall" , I am not impressed. Found this at newschooler https://www.newschoolers.com/forum/thread/857026/LOOK-Pivot-binding-product-recall

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
defaulticon.png

rohara
Wannabe
Thought I should give people a heads up that where I work (this is in the UK) I've been contacted by Rossignol Group about a product recall on Pivot bindings manufactured between August 29, 2017 and October 31, 2017.

"We are recalling these bindings because the heels on some of them may have been produced with an upper adjustment arm that is out of spec, and when subjected to stress, the heel piece might come loose and cause a skier to fall or crash."

If you've got some that might be affected there's a couple ways to check: on the original box the manufacture date is printed on the bottom right hand corner of the label in DD/MM/YYYY format.

If you don't have the box available, the underside of the plastic casing of the rotating heel piece will have some markings- if the right hand side is marked 7 and the left hand side is marked either H, I, OR J then that binding may be part of the recall, in which case you should contact wherever you bought the bindings from.

14 days ago
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So this was sent to me. Apparently a 100 lb girl walked out of this at the top of a mogul run so a dq. Another athlete 130 lb boy broke his binding in exactly the same place.

LOOK pivot broken heel.JPG

gucci_dav

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Gripwalk is to be in Alpine position. Your shop is mistaken.
The shop i just went to this morning told me I should have it in the WTR setting. I told them "i was reading on the internet" that is recommended to actually be in alpine mode.

does anyone have any references from look (besides the first post with the chart) stating what mode I should have my binding in?

I have look pivot 14's WTR and dalbello lupo ax 120's

thanks

E221b

New Yorker Dreaming of the Mountains
Skier
The shop i just went to this morning told me I should have it in the WTR setting. I told them "i was reading on the internet" that is recommended to actually be in alpine mode.

does anyone have any references from look (besides the first post with the chart) stating what mode I should have my binding in?

I have look pivot 14's WTR and dalbello lupo ax 120's

thanks
Well the whole point of GripWalk as opposed to WTR is that GripWalk doesn't need a toe-height adjustment, therefore the sliding AFD on the '17-18' Pivot Duals will work the same in Alpine mode for ISO 5355 soles and GripWalk soles. Correct me if I'm wrong @Philpug, but I think I finally understand all this nonsense. The manufacturers have not made it easy, but the consolidation next season to GripWalk only will help. Is there a reason Look still hasn't listed the 12 and 14 Duals as GripWalk compatible in Alpine Mode on their website? It would clear things up...

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid