• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2018 Gathering UTAH March 3-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I am going to pick Jackson Hole for my third day partly for the cheap accommodation in Jackson, but mainly due to Bubbas BBQ.:D

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I am going to pick Jackson Hole for my third day partly for the cheap accommodation in Jackson, but mainly due to Bubbas BBQ.:D

Tell me more about this cheap accommodation in Jackson, please?

Uncle Louie

The Original Gathermeister
Skier
I stayed at the Motel 6 when the Jackson Gathering was there a few years back. It had just been renovated and was spotless. I think it was $ 33.00 a night then and I figured I was "going camping" when I booked it. Not the case at all. There was a mini-fridge and a microwave in the room too.

It's at the edge of town right near the turn off to the mtn. so easy access without the downtown traffic. It's walking distance Albertsons grocery store. It's a quick drive to Bubba's.

It was a surprise and I'd have no hesitation about going there again. Dano was there at the same time as I was on the other side of the complex.

A quick check on their web site just now showed a single room for 49.99 plus tax.

Last edited:

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Tell me more about this cheap accommodation in Jackson, please?

Teton Village which is right at the skiing is your normal high priced at the hill accommodation. The town of Jackson is about 20 minutes away and in summer is the 'Gateway to Yellowstone", so winter is the off season and some lodges don't even open.

Motel 6 is probably the cheapest with small recently remodeled rooms at less than $50/night in winter or $200/night in summer. There are other multi bedroom places that as shared accommodation can be $50/night/person or less during ski season. There are several cheap or free buses to the skiing for hotel guests, or drive a car part way for free parking /free shuttle or arrive at the mountain with 3 or more and get free parking.

Edit: Motel 6 offers senior and weekly discount rates making it well below $50/night.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks to both for the replies. I usually like to stay slopeside but at $50/night I'm more than happy to stay at Motel 6. $100 for 2 nights to ski at Jackson and the MCP covering the lift tickets? I'm sold.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks to both for the replies. I usually like to stay slopeside but at $50/night I'm more than happy to stay at Motel 6. $100 for 2 nights to ski at Jackson and the MCP covering the lift tickets? I'm sold.

And don't forget Bubbas BBQ, excellent pulled pork and even better ribs. Might as well take the 3rd MCP day at Jackson Hole.

TheArchitect

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Won't forget the BBQ! I've already taken the third MCP day at Sugarbush. Add in a $1 MCP pass for my son and I got 6 days at Sugarbush. He won't be coming west with me, though.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I stayed at the Motel 6 when the Jackson Gathering was there a few years back. It had just been renovated and was spotless. I think it was $ 33.00 a night then and I figured I was "going camping" when I booked it. Not the case at all. There was a mini-fridge and a microwave in the room too.

It's at the edge of town right near the turn off to the mtn. so easy access without the downtown traffic. It's walking distance Albertsons grocery store. It's a quick drive to Bubba's.

It was a surprise and I'd have no hesitation about going there again. Dano was there at the same time as I was on the other side of the complex.

A quick check on their web site just now showed a single room for 49.99 plus tax.

Well hellooooo there!

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

:wave:

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Or, if you pay a little more for the room closer to the center of Jackson (but not a lot more), you don't need a car.

Or pay a few dollars more than that ($100 ish last I checked, but may have gone up) and stay in the Hostel out at Teton Village.

As someone said above, high summer demand means lots of winter rooms keeping rates under control.

But flights to Jackson ARE more than SLC or Denver.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
But this is a Utah thread! Overall, Salt Lake is a bargsin.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

That's where we stayed too. Clean, comfy and not far from the slopes.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Bubba's is a must, so is D.O.G. for breakfast burritos. The trouble with D.O.G's is that even after a day of skiing you might not be hungry enough to hit Bubba's. I do like the place with the little cabins...for 100/night, they are sweet.

Oh and back to our topic at hand...I am leaning to the first week of March for the Gathering. Sunday 3/4-9/18 (or 10th for some). I am leaning towards 3 and 2 at Snowbird/Alta and 1 at Snowbasin.

Uncle Louie

The Original Gathermeister
Skier
darn.....couldn't join and sneak past administration. (hi seg)

You are right mdf, it's a Utah thread so........MCP has been purchased. 6 days of Gathering again in Utah (Great suggestion Phil) with no extra tickets to purchase above and beyond the cost of the pass itself......Utah snow. Lots of people I know...cheap lodging in SLC. This is a no-brainer.

I'll all but bet this event sets a new record for participants.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Welcome back UL.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Bubba's is a must, so is D.O.G. for breakfast burritos. The trouble with D.O.G's is that even after a day of skiing you might not be hungry enough to hit Bubba's. I do like the place with the little cabins...for 100/night, they are sweet.

Oh and back to our topic at hand...I am leaning to the first week of March for the Gathering. Sunday 3/4-9/18 (or 10th for some). I am leaning towards 3 and 2 at Snowbird/Alta and 1 at Snowbasin.
What?! No bueno.
I hope we have a good March next year. This March has SUCKED.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
darn.....couldn't join and sneak past administration. (hi seg)

You are right mdf, it's a Utah thread so........MCP has been purchased. 6 days of Gathering again in Utah (Great suggestion Phil) with no extra tickets to purchase above and beyond the cost of the pass itself......Utah snow. Lots of people I know...cheap lodging in SLC. This is a no-brainer.

I'll all but bet this event sets a new record for participants.
If you pay attention, you may see the rare sighting of @Gary Stolt
I think you're right about this being a great time to go back to Utah!

Status
Not open for further replies.