• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2018 Gathering UTAH March 3-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadskier

Getting off the lift
Skier
I will ask...If you have intentions of buying Mountain Collective Passes, and I am sure you are, please hold for a bit. I have reached out to them to see if they can do something for us. Give me a few weeks.

Maybe work on something retroactive for those of us that already pulled the trigger ... ?

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Maybe work on something retroactive for those of us that already pulled the trigger ... ?
I will be happy to get something in the first place. Baby steps.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, between (amongst?) wanting to go to Aspen with Marcia in January, committed to skiing with the AtaKackers in early February, wanting to continue being a DivaDude (wherever and whenever they go), wanting to go to the Gathering, and having my eye on Mother's Day, I have to find a way to find the time to take the time off and also afford the travel for next ski season. Maybe I'll just sell my practice and sacrifice my retirement fund. After all, social security will be my safety net...

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
At least you have a plan.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well the MCP for next year looks to be a no-brainer. Currently $399 for 2 days each at 16 resorts, 3 of which will be at the location of the Gathering. and Sugartush here in the east Another bonus day at one of them/ I now belong to a ski club that has a lodge 40 minutes from Sugarbush, so even if plans fall through to go to the Gathering, I still wouldn't lose out as much using it for 3 days at the Bush. And with free days elsewhere I might be able to connive the boss into taking another trip:ogcool::ogcool:
Phil, are you saying you may be able to sweeten the deal?

Drahtguy Kevin

Après aficionado
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, between (amongst?) wanting to go to Aspen with Marcia in January, committed to skiing with the AtaKackers in early February, wanting to continue being a DivaDude (wherever and whenever they go), wanting to go to the Gathering, and having my eye on Mother's Day, I have to find a way to find the time to take the time off and also afford the travel for next ski season. Maybe I'll just sell my practice and sacrifice my retirement fund. After all, social security will be my safety net...

If it helps, I have a few dogs I could bring up for you to express their anal glands. Pay cash money.

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I have a request: Lets make Pugsk.com the only official forum for the 2018 Gathering. Having two forums to post in for the past 2 Gatherings was onerous, confusing, redundant, and likely to cause people to miss info.

IMO the owners and managers of VaIl Resorts and their various holdings have little interest in the Gatherings or growing EpicSki for that matter. I have formed this opinion in part because when the Gathering was in Colorado last year I thought we might get a visit from some upper management types, but it didn't happen.

Now this season with the Whistler Gathering at Vail's new acquisition, i thought that there might be a budget from VR for a meeting room or some sort of welcome or someone from EpicSki management or staff show up, but as far as i know: nada.

So with the above in mind, I can't see anyone running EpiSki being upset if all 2018 Gathering discussions be held here on Pugski.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
If you are in the wrong spot while the anal glands are expressed, hazard pay may be warranted. They are, after all, the same structures that produce a skunk's odor...

BTW, a true veterinary fact: we are not really expressing the glands. We are expressing the anal sacs. But over the years, too many clients have misconstrued when their veterinarian tells them that they are going to take the dog in the back room to take care of the anal sacs.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a request: Lets make Pugsk.com the only official forum for the 2018 Gathering. Having two forums to post in for the past 2 Gatherings was onerous, confusing, redundant, and likely to cause people to miss info.

IMO the owners and managers of VaIl Resorts and their various holdings have little interest in the Gatherings or growing EpicSki for that matter. I have formed this opinion in part because when the Gathering was in Colorado last year I thought we might get a visit from some upper management types, but it didn't happen.

Now this season with the Whistler Gathering at Vail's new acquisition, i thought that there might be a budget from VR for a meeting room or some sort of welcome or someone from EpicSki management or staff show up, but as far as i know: nada.

So with the above in mind, I can't see anyone running EpiSki being upset if all 2018 Gathering discussions be held here on Pugski.

I'm all for that. I think the frequency of my forum visits are split around 75/25 so I'm more likely to miss information posted on EpicSki.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
And to think my grad school friends shamed me over my career choice.

Last edited:

jgiddyup

Asst. Gathermeister--Utah
Skier

Vail sucks and I'll buy some liquor to support our conversation as to why at Snowbird, Snowbasin or Altaogsmile

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Pugski.com will be hosting the 2018 event. This is not The Epicski Gathering or The Pugski Gathering ,it will just simply called 'The Gathering". All news, dates and particulars will be posted here along with the official Roll Call thread. We will be working with Epicski and @dbostedo will be taking point on posting there for people that do not have dual citizenship. With the majority of the attendees being either here or on both sites and talking to past Gathermeisters it would be easier and cleaner having ONE main source of information.

Last edited:

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Yep, duplication was awkward. Much better to have one home and have the other site refer to it.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I don't want to clog things up here so maybe move this to another thread..but what accomodations are available at Alta/Snowbird? I don't recall seeing much in the way of condos there... We'd need a room of some kind with a separate bedroom with a door on it. Could be hotel. Ski in/ski out would be preferable. I can google but if someone has local knowledge that'd be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor