• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2018 Gathering UTAH March 3-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyvw

Out on the slopes
Skier
Well I'm excited...just booked a room at the Residence Inn right on the bus routes to BCC and LCC. That will give us the option of skiing Brighton and Solitude, which we have not done yet. May or may not get a car, but if we do get one we can leaved it parked or drive up as we see fit.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Have we settled on the actual dates yet?
The dates are in the title. March 3-10.
I believe the plan is to schedule 6 days, and leave the 7th bonus for people to revisit the place of choice.
@Philpug can confirm or correct me.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The dates are in the title. March 3-10.
I believe the plan is to schedule 6 days, and leave the 7th bonus for people to revisit the place of choice.
@Philpug can confirm or correct me.

Then there is an edit in his original post saying he is thinking mid February to early March........

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The word is out. The 2018 Gathering will be in Utah! With the announcement of Snowbasin being added to the Mountain Collective Pass along with Alta and Snowbird being separated, Utah just made sense. Dates are still TBA but we are looking for it to be in February. Stay tuned.

Yes, I am The Gathermeister.

Edit Update:
Because of industry commitments that we wil be working around, we will be looking mid Feb (not Presidents week) or the beginning of March.

Here's the original post to this thread...... just trying to plan ahead. I'm about to start a long term project so I am trying to put together my time off schedule......I looked through the rest of the thread and couldn't find any clarifications to the dates.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
March 3-10 in the title are the dates, location are pencilled in.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Then there is an edit in his original post saying he is thinking mid February to early March........
Yes, he said that early on, but later edited the title for the actual dates. March 3-10.
Thank you for brining it to our attention I believe he's edited the OP now.

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
Dang, I'm missing it by a week. :doh: Still have to coordinate with my kid's spring break schedule...but I'm going to Snowbird the 16th -19th. Save me some powder stashes.

Chriscray

Booting up
Skier
I definitely have to join in for a day or 2. My pass access is PC and Deer Valley. I know it sounds bad because I live here, but I haven't skied Alta in over 15 years and never have been to Snowbasin (or Powder Mountain)!!!

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
Utah is this season's destination in my group's ski week rotation. We tend to get a house up outside Ogden and do Powder and Snowbasin, with maybe a day at one of the other resorts. I'm going to lobby hard for dates that at least overlap some with the Gathering, would be nice to meet up with other folk.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Now I can no longer search on epicski... Not sure where to post this question, please move if more apprpropriate elsewhere.

Who has done the Utah Interconnect? When (year and month) and from Deer Valley or from Snowbird? Would you recommend it? Any tips? Thanks.

https://www.skiutah.com/explore/the-interconnect-tour
I did it about 20 years ago. We did it from Snowbird. As far as being worth it, sure. Conditions were great the day we did it. Tip: If it's a powder day, ski in bounds and save the Intereconnect for when the resort is tracked out.

Rainbow Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I did it about 20 years ago. We did it from Snowbird. As far as being worth it, sure. Conditions were great the day we did it. Tip: If it's a powder day, ski in bounds and save the Intereconnect for when the resort is tracked out.
Thanks!!!

Anyone else who has done it more recently? Wondering how the group who runs the tour has evolve over time.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Was disappointed to see the schedule does not include back to back weekend days. Flying in Friday and flying out Monday might be possible if work isn't crazy. Three week days off in a row is probably not going to be possible for me.. And, coming early or staying the day after to ski with other stragglers isn't nearly as enticing.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks!!!

Anyone else who has done it more recently? Wondering how the group who runs the tour has evolve over time.

I was thinking about doing it about 8 or 9 years ago, and decided not to. A friend in our group went, and while we had an amazing bluebird pow day, she was breaking trail all over Utah and not able to actually ski much because of avy danger. She was pissed. The problem is, you have to sign up ahead of time before you know weather. Otherwise, she loved it.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
A friend of mine did it, LCC to BCC only due to conditions. Said it was fun, and he got some good runs and local info especially on the Mille area of Brighton, but he wouldn't recommend it at the price and certainly wouldn't go back for seconds. YMMV, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor