• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2018 Gathering UTAH March 3-10

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Subscribing because of interest

Lack of commitment because of skiing ability

Possible late addition
There is no minimum on skiing ability, the only think you will be judged on is the smile on your face. Come, have fun and spend some time with friends you haven't met (in person) yet.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
There is no minimum on skiing ability, the only think you will be judged on is the smile on your face. Come, have fun and spend some time with friends you haven't met (in person) yet.

We did something like this in Itaty this March and it was fantastic. At this time it comes down to Green runs for me, are there any/enough, not so much for my wife who can handle Black runs when needed. We have odd work schedules, mostly mine, and I never even know if I am going to be in the country until about 3 months prior. But it does sound like a great time. We will in in Utah for 8 days in December, no reason to not go back tho

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
:yeah: I'll definitely be up for a pre trip to Jackson (and SV if it snows there) as it's not worth 18 hours door-door for less than two weeks.
And, I just bought my MC pass, an investment that raises my Gathering commitment level above 50% (and also raises the no new snow potential of the Gathering week, given my recent track record).
Next stop, kayak.com and a price alert on flights...

Last edited:

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Because the Gathering is in early March I plan on visiting a few MCP resorts in Feb.

Jackson Hole, then an easy drive, mostly not in the mountains, to Aspen, then another easy drive on the non crowded part of I-70 to Utah. Sun Valley has 500 snow guns so it might be a good choice for mid March even if it is a below average snow year or I could decide to ski SV prior to JH. I might hit Sunshine Village/Lake Louise on the way home or wait until April. Revelstoke (only 3 hours from where I spend most of the winter when not road ski tripping) will get skied in Jan. or early Feb.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
If anyone's interested in sharing expenses & driving for a road trip from the Bay area to Squaw/Alpine/SV/Jackson ahead of the Gathering...make the most of that MCP!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If anyone's interested in sharing expenses & driving for a road trip from the Bay area to Squaw/Alpine/SV/Jackson ahead of the Gathering...make the most of that MCP!
We might have room in the S.S. Pugski, lets see when we get closer...We will have to see what our dance card looks like once we get closer though.

@dbostedo and @Uncle Louie I will be reaching out shortly to talk about some details.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
:)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
We might have room in the S.S. Pugski, lets see when we get closer...We will have to see what our dance card looks like once we get closer though.

@dbostedo and @Uncle Louie I will be reaching out shortly to talk about some details.

My MCP is anxiously awaiting some details of how it will be used. :ogcool:

TahoeCharlie

...Major Tom...
Skier

Phil, I'd love to join you guys if you have an extra bed for the week before Mother's Day; but totally understand, as a newbie, if you have a waiting list of "older" members/friends.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I just pulled the trigger on the MCP. I missed the $399 deal, but still will save some coin at $429. 6 days in Utah and 3 days at the Tush, Highly unlikely I'll get to use more days on the pass than that, but you never know.

Uncle Louie

The Original Gathermeister
Skier
I just pulled the trigger on the MCP. I missed the $399 deal, but still will save some coin at $429. 6 days in Utah and 3 days at the Tush, Highly unlikely I'll get to use more days on the pass than that, but you never know.

I have almost the same plan with a different second area. Nine days of skiing for around $ 400.....no brainer.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Everyone knows the snow in Utah sux, the terrain is boring, and it's so expensive and difficult to get around. Now at least I have an incentive to go to the Gathering.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have almost the same plan with a different second area. Nine days of skiing for around $ 400.....no brainer.
That gives you and @SugarCube an excuse to come visit us and take advantage of your Squaw days.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
So, are these dates solid enough that I can look at making my reservations? Yes, I know it's only May....:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online