• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Comparison Review 2017 enforcer 93 or 2017 blizzard brahma

Nick Golden

Booting up
Skier
I'm new here and I wanted to get some advice on those two models to compliment my salomon q labs.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Hi

So I have skied a 183cm and190cm Q-lab have owned the old brahma since before it was available to public and currently own a 185cm Enforcer E93 and a 180cm Blizzard Brahma Carbon I would go so far to say I am probably the only person that actually owns those 2 skis right now. The E93 are mounted -1 from the line and Brahma are mounted +.5 from the line. The ramp angle on the binding is equal.

This review will be totally bias. Ill be honest I keep trying to like the Brahmas but beside REALLY tight bumps and luged out tree runs I am not sure if its better at anything for me, and I keep reaching for my E93. this despite the fact I owned a Brahma for 4 years and I honestly think its really good ski. The E93 to me just feel more planted in more snow conditions than the Brahma and seems to hook up easier into the turn and will carve on even ice where the Brahma tail seems to be washy to me. In crud the length and tip profile of the E93 just let it charge though and you can really work the ski and get it to arc and slice though, where as the Blizzard seems much harder to balance on. I am going to keep trying to love the Brahma and as I type this they are awaiting a tune to see if I can make the ski work for me.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hi

So I have skied a 183cm and190cm Q-lab have owned the old brahma since before it was available to public and currently own a 185cm Enforcer E93 and a 180cm Blizzard Brahma Carbon I would go so far to say I am probably the only person that actually owns those 2 skis right now. The E93 are mounted -1 from the line and Brahma are mounted +.5 from the line. The ramp angle on the binding is equal.

This review will be totally bias. Ill be honest I keep trying to like the Brahmas but beside REALLY tight bumps and luged out tree runs I am not sure if its better at anything for me, and I keep reaching for my E93. this despite the fact I owned a Brahma for 4 years and I honestly think its really good ski. The E93 to me just feel more planted in more snow conditions than the Brahma and seems to hook up easier into the turn and will carve on even ice where the Brahma tail seems to be washy to me. In crud the length and tip profile of the E93 just let it charge though and you can really work the ski and get it to arc and slice though, where as the Blizzard seems much harder to balance on. I am going to keep trying to love the Brahma and as I type this they are awaiting a tune to see if I can make the ski work for me.
Not the only person. ;)
IMG_0352.JPG
IMG_0609.JPG

Actually have the 185 E93's now too.

Is there a reason to own both? No. Better with a Brahma and Enforcer 100, if you must own both.

TS
Nick Golden

Nick Golden

Booting up
Skier
Reason I ask is I'm going to have the same brahmas as you Phil (shop employee). Pretty much committed to them before I heard about the E93 already hitting shops.

What binding did you put on them? Can I get some of those stickers?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Reason I ask is I'm going to have the same brahmas as you Phil (shop employee). Pretty much committed to them before I heard about the E93 already hitting shops.

What binding did you put on them? Can I get some of those stickers?
Soot me a PM with your address and I wil get stickers out to you. I put Pivot12's on them.

dawgcatching

Snow? What is that?
Industry Insider
Completely different skis. I vote Brahma. More responsive tip in the type of snow I am likely to use a ski like this. It's a very good ski, better than the old one, as the sweet spot seems to be bigger, and the ski more fluid. Get something bigger/wider if you want lots of tip rocker that will cover more range and deeper snow.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
So here is what is interesting Although I feel the new Brahma is better than old one. I feel that even on the hardest of ice that the enforcer front contract point pulls me into a turn much quicker in any type of turn. If picked a ski just biased on its hardpack performance today I would pick the E93.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
the enforcer front contract point pulls me into a turn much quicker in any type of turn.

IMO, darn near every Nordica ski made has this feel. Personally, I love it.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So here is what is interesting Although I feel the new Brahma is better than old one. I feel that even on the hardest of ice that the enforcer front contract point pulls me into a turn much quicker in any type of turn. If picked a ski just biased on its hardpack performance today I would pick the E93.
Interesting. Is is the tighter turn radius? I personally find the Enforcer to be a bit myre playful because of the tighter radius and the softer flex when allows the ski to come into the turn easier.

@Josh Matta, you have skied the Brahma since before it was introduced, how do you feel the ski has changed?

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I actually want to redact that statement. In early march I had very little time on the Carbon 180 brahma, I actually skied it tons in spring because if the bumps/groomer were not softening it was superior to the E93.

The new 180cm Brahma is better on hardpack groomer at slower to moderate speed, but the new 185cm E93 enforcer is better on softer groomer and at higher speeds. also if the snow is surface is hard and uneven the brahma crushes that E93 not so much. Now if you are talking about 3d broken snow then E93 all the way.

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
I really liked the Enforcer 93, it felt very competent in junky mushy off-trail snow at Mt Rose and handled transition from frozen crud to mushy glop really well, then it carved fast variable shape turns down the groomer on the next run. BTW, I was on Phil's pair that day. Not much experience on the Brahma for me, but compared to the Bonafide, the Enforder line feels more "organic", the Blizaard more muscular with more brute force. I really like how Nordica's current shapes handle different types of snow.

Sponsor

Staff online