• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review 2017 Blizzard Quattro 8.0 Ti Review

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
Hey PugSki!

We've got another 2017 Blizzard Quattro review for you, this time it's the 8.0 Ti. We're all pretty impressed with how this ski performs considering it comes in at a $699 price point. Check it out!

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm interested. I like 80 for an all around width, as opposed to the RXs 84, and I don't like the stiffest ski in the world anymore, having been slowed/smoothed down a bit by some less than ideal knees. A few questions, if you don't mind:

1. At 6'2" and 195 lbs, is this ski TOO soft?

2. It would be an all around ski for me, NOT a dedicated on-piste ripper (got one already). So what size?

Thanks!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm interested. I like 80 for an all around width, as opposed to the RXs 84, and I don't like the stiffest ski in the world anymore, having been slowed/smoothed down a bit by some less than ideal knees. A few questions, if you don't mind:

2. It would be an all around ski for me, NOT a dedicated on-piste ripper (got one already). So what size?

Thanks!
I don't think so. I am 190lb and never felt the ski was near folding over. I would go with the 181 (or whatever the longest length is).

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor

I don't think so. I am 190lb and never felt the ski was near folding over. I would go with the 181 (or whatever the longest length is).

I agree with Phil here. Our biggest tester is about your size. Slightly shorter, but very similar weight. He is the one in the video wearing a black jacket and tan pants. Great skier, racing and mogul background. He never thought it was too soft, in fact he was one of the first to comment on the skis impressive rebound. And I would also agree with Phil on question 2. We were all skiing the 174cm length. For me, at 5'10" 150lbs it felt perfect (there's not actually any footage of me skiing in that video, just filming on this one), but our bigger testers would've been better off with the longer length.

Hope that helps!