• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

midwestfabs

Booting up
Skier
Training for a first time volunteer is simply a one day classroom session (Oct/Nov) and then 2 all day on-hill training sessions (Dec) where they go through basic teaching progressions as well as training on the adaptive equipment for either stand-up skiers (tethers and outriggers) or sit-down skiers (bi-ski/mono ski). You are then essentially certified. Once the lessons begin you will get paired up with a more experienced volunteer and away you go. They offer a bunch of free training clinics throughout the season on teaching progressions and using various types of equipment.

I'm only in my 2nd season with CK but its quite honestly the coolest thing I have ever been a part of.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Training for a first time volunteer is simply a one day classroom session (Oct/Nov) and then 2 all day on-hill training sessions (Dec) where they go through basic teaching progressions as well as training on the adaptive equipment for either stand-up skiers (tethers and outriggers) or sit-down skiers (bi-ski/mono ski). You are then essentially certified. Once the lessons begin you will get paired up with a more experienced volunteer and away you go. They offer a bunch of free training clinics throughout the season on teaching progressions and using various types of equipment.

I'm only in my 2nd season with CK but its quite honestly the coolest thing I have ever been a part of.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thx. What is the time commitment expectations?

Is there opportunity to become psai certifired, is it preferred, etc?

Does one need to buy uniforms or are they loaned out?

Is it too late to get involved this season?

Missed the opportunity to get into it this season calendar got by me. Wanting to make it a point to do it next season.

Mallet21

Booting up
Skier
Thx. What is the time commitment expectations?

Is there opportunity to become psai certifired, is it preferred, etc?

Does one need to buy uniforms or are they loaned out?

Is it too late to get involved this season?

Missed the opportunity to get into it this season calendar got by me. Wanting to make it a point to do it next season.

1. 8 weeks (Jan --> March) 2 hours minimum per week. Pretty flexible if you need to miss a week or 2
2. Yes. Preferred, but definitely not required
3. They loan out jackets
4. Too late this year as there are only a few weeks left

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Nice rain and layer of ice. Groomers will be busy tomorrow morning. :(

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Appleton area, ski at Nordic near Wild Rose. It rained most of the day, but at least it is now below freezing and drying out.
Granite looked ok on the cams, but that rain has to wreak havoc. I was thinking of heading up this weeknd.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
It was cold enough last night that the snow probably had a good layer of ice on it before the hard rain hit. Have a friend that patrols on Monday night at Granite. I'll see what he says.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Granite looked ok on the cams, but that rain has to wreak havoc. I was thinking of heading up this weeknd.

I was told that Granite did not get the rain that others did. The rain line was slightly below Wausau.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Whitecap Mountain Is excited to announce new management as of February 20, 2018!

Look for great things to happen!

Come On Out And Ski With Us This Weekend!

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Fresh snow in the U.P. about 4-6" and more coming Saturday too.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
Fresh snow in the U.P. about 4-6" and more coming Saturday too.

We got 6" at the places I ski with another 4-10" expected tomorrow night. My kids and I plan on being there for first chair Sunday. Ski freshies 9-11 am and then NASTAR GS gates (unlimited runs) from 11-1.

Sounds like a perfect day to me.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Went to Brule yesterday and enjoyed the fresh 6".

First time at Brule, I had free tickets. :) Enjoyed the family time and snow, but wast't crazy about the runs and lifts. Man, so much good terrain that you can't go on. Puzzled on lift locations and the lack of loading and unloading care. Good for kids, I suppose, but don't really like my knees up to my chin.

TS
Dwight

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
6" of snow yesterday and ski hill is closed now, except weekends.

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
Pow day here at Boyne and Nubs! Final week for nubs is here, last day is 4/8. Boyne Mountain typically will ski until there is not enough snow to get to the lift.

Tytlynz64

Getting off the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Pow day here at Boyne and Nubs! Final week for nubs is here, last day is 4/8. Boyne Mountain typically will ski until there is not enough snow to get to the lift.
Will boyne be open 4/13 -4/15? Could make one last trip.
Skied Granite Good Friday and the dump the next day! Sticky wet but fun on wider skis.

Sponsor

Staff online