• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony

tseeb
Skier
http://opensnow.com/powder

Mammoth is #1 for "powder finder" for the next two days
Don't want to burst your bubble or jink the storm, but Tahoe and CA numbers on OpenSnow are out of whack.

Latest numbers have Alpine=no.1 @45" and Squaw-no.13@14". They are next door to each other. Not sure what elevation they are measuring, but does not sound right.

Another example is Kirkwood=no.7 @23" while Heavenly=no.6@25". While possible, it's not likely. These are computer generated numbers that need BA's expertise.

Mammoth is still no. 2, but Thurs/Fri now @ 37". Another number that seemed wrong Wed. night was Homewood at no. 3 with 32". While it would be nice to see that much snow at Lake level, I think was too warm unless they are measuring at top of snowcat skiing area.

Last edited:

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Don't want to burst your bubble or jink the storm, but Tahoe and CA numbers on OpenSnow are out of whack.

Latest numbers have Alpine=no.1 @45" and Squaw-no.13@14". They are next door to each other. Not sure what elevation they are measuring, but does not sound right.

Another example is Kirkwood=no.7 @23" while Heavenly=no.6@25". While possible, it's not likely. These are computer generated numbers that need BA's expertise.

Mammoth is still no. 2, but Thurs/Fri now @ 37". Another number that seemed wrong Wed. night was Homewood at no. 3 with 32". While it would be nice to see that much snow at Lake level, I think was too warm unless they are measuring at top of snowcat skiing area.
Any snow is good snow in my book.:Cristmassnow:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Coverage looks good on the cams. But looks like nothing on the upper mountain is open?

McCoy_Chair_3_1280x720.jpg

TS
MountainMonster

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
+1 And Mammoth appears to be getting all snow, unlike some Tahoe areas where snow level has been above their bases.
Gondi 2 running, looks like Climax is roped off but cornice s/b open

EDIT: nothing open on top today

EDIT #2
Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 9.53.45 AM.png

Last edited:

TonyC

Contact me at bestsnow.net
Pass Pulled
Cornice/Dave's might have a ice caps left over from last year. It's hard to believe those runs won't be open once patrol has had time to check them out carefully.

At any rate I've seen enough open today that I'd like to get up there Monday and ski Tuesday/Wednesday. If anyone here is interested, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online