• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

clong83

Stauffenberg!
Skier
Drove Squaw Pass road the other day. Very very few aspen groves are yellow. Most are light green. Id say at least 7 days for a general peak at 10k feet.

View attachment 29484 View attachment 29485
The aspens in my yard at 7500 feet are just now starting to get a hint of yellow to them. The bigger groves around here even at 10k are still light green. It's been warm. Supposedly we'll be chilling off soon, so assuming a fall like pattern starts within a week or so, I'd say a peak is around 3 weeks away. I'm in northern New Mexico. I think most of Colorado peaks about 1-2 weeks before us.

dlague

Waitin' for Wintah
Skier
This was posted by a friend that lives in Crested Butte and also Crested Butte Ski Area. First good SNOW! While some see the warmer temps on the Front Range and think scorcher for Colorado - the mountains at elevation are cooling nicely! More snow predicted.

CB.jpg

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Snow at the Boat!

1505563923288_800x450.jpg

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
its 42 here at my house so there's no snow on the stake yet. There's too much cloud cover to see the mountain at this point but I'll guess the snow line is high 9K. that image is at 10K.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It's already in the mid 50's. Yesterday turned out to be a beautiful day.

We went looking for that elusive snow. It was like trying to find the end of the rainbow. Have to hike the whole way now because the lift stopped running last weekend. The longer it took the longer the sun was out and melted all that white gold away.

So for stoke we had to settle for this

IMG_1155.JPG

surfandski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clearwater Beach, Fl and Pisgah Forest, NC
Watching the rain come down at Milehigh stadium and now a weather delay.....I'm hoping there will be some nice snow pics from the higher elevation coming soon but the moisture looks pretty isolated to Denver. I'm so ready for winter that I'm stretching for anything to feed the stoke!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
^^

I'm headed to McCullough Gulch shortly. Your photo shall inform my clothing choices.

Michael R.

skiNEwhere
Skier
Did a little rock climbing yesterday in clear creek canyon. Sucks when temps are in the high 30's/low 40's but you can't use gloves.

I love winter, spring, and summer. This in between where it's coldish and there is no snow sucks!

#firstworldproblems

surfandski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clearwater Beach, Fl and Pisgah Forest, NC
This is a good sign - yesterday at A Basin - possibly more to come! By the looks of this picture it is around the 11,000 foot level.

View attachment 29800
Beautiful!

Did a little rock climbing yesterday in clear creek canyon. Sucks when temps are in the high 30's/low 40's but you can't use gloves.

I love winter, spring, and summer. This in between where it's coldish and there is no snow sucks!

#firstworldproblems
That's so true. I've spent many mornings half way up a big wall in Yosemite in temps where my hands were virtually useless until the sun warmed up the rock. Almost freezing temps pretty much suck except for the beautiful fall colors.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

#firstworldproblems

#wrongsportproblems

While you were freezing your hands for no conceivable reason, I was mountain biking and hiking over the weekend in Breck. Beautiful!

Michael R.

skiNEwhere
Skier
#wrongsportproblems

While you were freezing your hands for no conceivable reason, I was mountain biking and hiking over the weekend in Breck. Beautiful!

#ihavetoomanyhobbiesandnotenoughtimetoentertainthemallproblems

One we got to the second pitch though we were in the sun, which was nice

Jellybeans1000

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
IMG_2099.PNG
A trough is coming over the Rockies from Saturday to Tuesday. Precipitation could be quite heavy on Sunday and Monday morning.
Potential for up to 7" for the Front Range.
And 12" for Southern Colorado.

Beyond that, there is potential for snow showers on the Wednesday too, associated with a weaker system.
Very good for Late September.

Last edited:

clong83

Stauffenberg!
Skier
I like how the snow line just plain stops at the arbitrary political boundary of the NM state line. sigh....
View attachment 30020
A trough is coming over the Rockies from Saturday to Tuesday. Precipitation could be quite heavy on Sunday and Monday morning.
Potential for up to 7" for the Front Range.
And 12" for Southern Colorado.

Beyond that, there is potential for snow showers on the Wednesday too, associated with a weaker system.
Very good for Late September.

Sponsor

Staff online