• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

I don’t see any holes
Skier
This weekend was vey good. Friday had some real cold powder in the AM and the backside of Northstar skied fantastic all day because it was in the shade, anything that was sun exposed started to get sticky pretty darn quick. I will say the crowds were better than I expected for mid April and that is a good sign for some of the resorts to stay open longer. I think most people would be happy with 9-1 hours, not much need to stay open past that, the snow is just too grabby.

I was hoping for a "last day of the year" demo/tailgate at Northstar but Highlands will be shut down so cannot ski to and from the lot..can ski down at the end of the day but but not take the lift back up so changing skis out is not an option, bummer. If anyone is interested in doing an afternoon tailgate, let me know and I thik we can put that together.

We will be up there for the day. We're in! What can we bring?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hola Everybody!

I'll be in Tahoe on my solo end-of-season trip next week - skiing April 21-24 (Fri-Mon). I will be using my MCP at Squaw Alpine.
Anyone want to meet up for a few runs, lunch, or après?

I'm planning on 2 days at Squaw and 2 days at Alpine. I've become more confident/comfortable on blacks this season, so I'm really hoping to explore some of the advanced terrain at both these mountains....Can you guys offer any tips on "easy" to "regular" blacks at both mountains? I am also interested in dabbling in trees....Basically, I am super adventurous and am up for anything within reason.
Squaw is so big that I've never quite gotten my head around it.

Lastly, does anyone know of any shops that demo Stocklis and/or Kastles? ...The only one I see so far is Willard's Sport Shop in Tahoe City.

Cheers and maybe we'll see each other out there!

Kara
:beercheer:
I'll be able to ski with you on Friday.
How are your plans coming together?
Is @Rainbow Jenny coming to ski with you?

Stev

Orange Mocha Frappuccino
Skier
Yes, @Stev surely can do it. I think it would also be great to do a 'Patch Skiing 101" article/thread. The Do's and Don't, there will be a ton of patch skiing this summer and I think @Stev is the man to write something. We have some video from last summer that is still in the can that @DoryBreaux could add to to. What do you think guys?

I would be happy to do an article and/or start a thread, most likely both. I should be able to get this going in May when patchskiing post-season gets going after most of the resorts are closed.

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'll be able to ski with you on Friday.
How are your plans coming together?
Is @Rainbow Jenny coming to ski with you?

Howdy!

So, this Friday I'll be at Squaw. I'm meeting up with a ski diva I've never met before. I don't think she's on here. The rest of the weekend is up in the air. I was thinking Alpine on Saturday, and for Sunday-Monday, play it by ear...Would be awesome if we could ski together on your days off, but I know you are tied to Northstar....

Who else will be at Squaw this Friday?

See yous.

k

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Howdy!

So, this Friday I'll be at Squaw. I'm meeting up with a ski diva I've never met before. I don't think she's on here. The rest of the weekend is up in the air. I was thinking Alpine on Saturday, and for Sunday-Monday, play it by ear...Would be awesome if we could ski together on your days off, but I know you are tied to Northstar....

Who else will be at Squaw this Friday?

See yous.

k
I'd love to meet up with you at Squaw on Friday if that's okay with you
Working Saturday and Sunday. Off on Monday

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
, we hit Silverado side and questioned whether or not the hiking up Shirley, which is something
we do every summer, would be possible this year.
We kind of cheated on this one last year !

Rode the tram up and walked down that way to the base. lol
Free uphill if you have a Squaw pass. Else the tram is free for all going down.

Snow will likely be on the Shirley section all summer !

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Cool. I'll PM you my contact details. Can't wait to get back on snow. Started packing last night.

k

Packing, particularly skis, is part of the trip. I always pack as early as possible, and enjoy every second. Even for a day trip, which I do a lot. Loading the skis on the car, ahhh, the pleasure

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Word (rumor??) on the lift yesterday at Sugar Bowl was that they're extending daily ops another week, through the 30th, then day-to-day/weekend-to-weekend.

Hmmm now their web page says "open" through May 7th ........ but then qualifies it by saying that daily ops are still only though April 23, but might be extended i.e. weekends of 4/30 and 5/6 only post 4/23. I'm so confused ........

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor

Dilemma! I was thinking of perhaps trying Sugar Bowl this Saturday (never been there). Would anybody be around this Saturday, and willing to share a few runs? (pinging @Bobalooski since we chatted about this early this season)

fI I do, I think I will get tickets online today, they have a small discount that puts them at 93. I was hoping for something cheaper, but it seems it won't happen. And I am curious about the cross skiing there, whether there are mild trails where my wide could have something to do if we do get passes.

Anyways, if this doesn't fly, I would be at Rose, and I am assuming I could tailgate with you guys on the way back

Cheers!

TallGuy

Getting on the lift
Skier
Dilemma! I was thinking of perhaps trying Sugar Bowl this Saturday (never been there).

fI I do, I think I will get tickets online today, they have a small discount that puts them at 93. I was hoping for something cheaper, but it seems it won't happen. And I am curious about the cross skiing there, whether there are mild trails where my wide could have something to do if we do get passes.

If somebody with a season pass can hook up with you at SB on Saturday and they have remaining "friend" discounts they can get you 50% off the lift ticket price. I won't be there on Saturday and don't have friend discounts left, so I can't help you on the price or with a tour. However, I can tell you that a Royal Gorge cross country trail does connect with the base of Disney on the Village side. It is a pretty flat trail that goes all the way through the meadow and over to the main Royal Gorge entrance. I doubt it will be groomed, though, because Royal Gorge officially closed last Sunday. If you go to the Royal Gorge website you can see a trail map and how it connects with Sugar Bowl.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Dilemma! I was thinking of perhaps trying Sugar Bowl this Saturday (never been there). Would anybody be around this Saturday, and willing to share a few runs? (pinging @Bobalooski since we chatted about this early this season)

Anyways, if this doesn't fly, I would be at Rose, and I am assuming I could tailgate with you guys on the way back

Cheers!
Even if you ski sugar bowl, from SB to N* is what, 20 minutes?

I'm highly likely to attend. Will have to consult with the boss on the plans before I commit 100%

Meantime, here is a link for anybody who is uncertain of exactly where Phil means. If you click this link on your phone and then navigate, it should get you to within 100 yards and then just look for the banner:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d39.275288!4d-120.123458

Bobalooski

Getting off the lift
Inactive

Cheers!

Sadly, won't be there this Saturday. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online