• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor

You sir, just gave me an avatar :)

It was a lovely day. Woke up at 4, got there at 8, on the lift 10 past. Warm up run, and I went to see @Tricia and @Philpug . They were kind enough to come to the bunny hill with me. But they did get to do the chutes before getting the tailgating going. We also saw @ScotsSkier , though we missed him after his coaching was done, I blame it on me. I was so friggin' hungry (had in incredibly light breakfast). I dragged the Pugliese's to early lunch!

We had a lot of fun with P/T. Also hanged out with some of their friends. I don't think I ever spent so much time on tracked up, and frankly, I am so happy that I can spend four hours on it, now :) The run of the day was one of the Bowls (Macho?). I didn't take it with any good dynamism, but it was still a lot of fun, and something unthinkable for me just two months ago. Soft, lovely bumps. Yay!

Oh, no pictures, sorry. I was too busy having fun.

Lovely day. Good snow, good friends, what's not to love. Thank you, guys!

:bestday:

TahoeCharlie

...Major Tom...
Skier
Skied Squaw yesterday from 9 till noon. Another nice spring ski day. Spent the first half in the Granite Chief/Shirley area. I thought I spotted @TahoeCharlie there a couple of times, but never got close enough to tag him if it was him :)

Short POV edit from my last run of the day-
That was me, been skiing Squaw the last three weekends and several midweek days just fooling around on the new AX's. The snow conditions have been awesome! I'll be there Sun for Cushing Crossing and Passholders day - I'm hard to miss with the retro onesie.

TahoeCharlie

...Major Tom...
Skier
Squaw posted a blog update on Chute-75 today. KT-22 will be turning into Memorial Day weekend.

They mentioned in an earlier post that they are moving patrol and operating staff from Granite Chief and Headwall over to KT to keep it running. Once KT closes due to conditions, they will reevaluate Granite Chief and Headwall.

https://squawalpine.com/explore/blog/prime-time-chute-75

Really dumb move! Headwall and Granite Chief were skiing really well last weekend and then today, Sat, they are both closed with the crowds being at least three times the size of last weekend.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We will migrate to Squaw once Rose closes then a trip down to Mammoth.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Pulled into Mt Rose at 7:45
55 degrees

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
I'm already done for the day. Skied from 9am to 11:45am. Snow holding up great. Even mountain run was fine around 11am. Zero grab when I stopped. My last run was Chute-75. Biggest moguls I've seen in a long time. That was a workout. I'm soaked. Beering up now to prep for Cushing Crossing (spectator only, hehehe).

What a great spring ski day. Unforgettable season. I might be "officially" done for this Sridhar. Might sneak in a daytrip or two in June/July for novelty value. :roflmao:

IMG_20170528_100858-01.jpeg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Posted Photos from my phone but didn't have reading glasses with me to type comments so here it goes.
@Philpug talking to a guy about the K2 Charger, and the general K2 Line up.

IMG_5138.JPG
The Chutes were skiing crazy good, some of the best snow on the mountain. Miller Time was in prime condition and a great last run of the day.
IMG_5140.JPG
Phil ready for a glorious run.
IMG_5141.JPG

Mt Rose is doing a fantastic job of managing the snow and the people. Great times all weekend long. More fun to be had tomorrow. Look for the Pugski flag in the upper Rose side parking lot.

Last edited:

TonyC

Contact me at bestsnow.net
Pass Pulled
Really dumb move! Headwall and Granite Chief were skiing really well last weekend and then today, Sat, they are both closed with the crowds being at least three times the size of last weekend.
Yes, Mammoth seems to be able to run 7 extra lifts (4,9,10,12,13,14,17) to handle the Memorial Day crowds vs. what they were running midweek.

But Squaw and Snowbird are too cheap and/or unimaginative to run ONE extra lift (Headwall, Gadzoom or Peruvian) that would greatly relieve crowd issues on the holiday weekend.

If I were at Tahoe instead of Mammoth this weekend, I'd be skiing Mt. Rose.

Last edited:

Unmarkedobstacles

Back to being the UnofficialAlpine.com guy
Industry Insider
Piling on the Mount Rose love...here's the view from the entry to Jackpot this morning. The spring skiing has just been incredible this season at Rose, with the Slide side still open until closing day and the Chutes skiing like a dream. It was quite a bit warmer today, so the Chutes closed at noon. Patrollers were spreading the word that the Chutes may not open tomorrow for closing day fun...but they will be skiable for a few more weeks. It's been nice to ski some laps with P&T too.

....and I am noting it's probably time to change my avatar and user name....

IMG_5252.jpg

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Piling on the Mount Rose love...here's the view from the entry to Jackpot this morning. The spring skiing has just been incredible this season at Rose, with the Slide side still open until closing day and the Chutes skiing like a dream. It was quite a bit warmer today, so the Chutes closed at noon. Patrollers were spreading the word that the Chutes may not open tomorrow for closing day fun...but they will be skiable for a few more weeks. It's been nice to ski some laps with P&T too.

View attachment 24861

I agree LOL At least the avatar. :)

I met you briefly yesterday, I was skiing with P@T. That chute is pretty steep. Downhill pictures flatten everything ... and it still looks steep! Hopefully I'll be able to ski stuff like that next year. Cheers!

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I like that. How much longer will they stay open?
Tomorrow - Memorial Day, is closing day, which is why we're tailgating and shutting it down the proper Pugski way. :)
18057704_10212829760688755_1784707439747006716_n.jpg

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

View attachment 24861
I liked that site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor