• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I will very likely be there tomorrow. Working the logistics with my son :)

Do both sides open at 8? Thanks!
Yes both sides at 8. We'll be there again!

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Didn't see you guys today! I actually forgot about the 8AM opening, and didn't get there till 08.45. The face runs on Rose side were still pretty decent so I was still skiing a GS ski. Compromised though and went down to a 30m instead of 35m....ogwink

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Didn't see you guys today! I actually forgot about the 8AM opening, and didn't get there till 08.45. The face runs on Rose side were still pretty decent so I was still skiing a GS ski. Compromised though and went down to a 30m instead of 35m....ogwink
I looked for your truck when we got there and didn't see it. We arrived about 8:20..got a late start. Tomorrow we will be there by 8 because we got a head start, skis are already packed, it will be a K2 day, starting on the all new IKonic 84Ti then switching to the Pinnacle 95, @Tricia will be on the Fulluvit 95. See you tomorrow AM @Mendieta

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I was surprised how firm many of the runs were most of the day. Even some of the Chutes were staying firm-ish

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
From 40 years skiing at Mammoth in spring and later, I observe they back up the opening hour as it gets warmer. Mammoth has been opening at 7:30AM since May 15.

So Squaw, 2,000 feet lower with more accelerated softening of spring snow, is still opening at ....9AM!!! And on the weekends after June 4 hours will be cut back, but that includes moving the opening time to....10AM?!?

Liz and I still plan to ski Squaw June 2 because we pass right by on the way to raft North Fork American on June 3.

But seriously, does Squaw management have a clue about spring skiing? Do they salt the groomers to retard the buildup of sticky snow?
You are right TonyC. Squaws opening hours need to be earlier - way earlier after the holiday.

They need Mammoth to show them how to salt to keep the snow firmer and less sticky.

textrovert

Reelin' in the years
Skier
@textrovert My first view of the pictures made it look like the bottom was a lake (scroll the screen so only half the bottom picture shows). I was thinking, wow Cushing's pond is huge!

Still, lots of snow for almost June.

Eric

:) haha. Cushing is tomorrow at 1pm. I plan to grab a beer and hang around watching the entertainment.

Yes, this is amazing coverage die this time of the year. And once you take the Funitel it's better than winter 2014-15 up there.:roflmao:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Looks great, how's the snow?
Honestly, Mt Rose is holding up really really well. The snow is deep and the hours they are keeping are helping make for great turns.
8AM - 2 PM.
We were done skiing by 1 and enjoyed a beverage before heading home.

We'll be skiing Squaw the next few weeks but I'm sure the skiing will all be above the Funitel.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Another image form the day, which I took as we were leaving, from the view as I walked out of the Winter Creek Lodge - And this is the side the burns off quickest.
IMG_5132.JPG.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online