• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

11th Annual Mother's Day at Arapahoe Basin

James

Out There
Instructor
58.5lbs with the ski bag.
49.5 with the suitcase
Got the ski bag down to just over 50.
Suitcase went over 50 but it was already tagged...LGA has a weird thing now because of construction you have to take bags over yourself to the scanners.
Southwest didn't charge.
Carry on was probaby 35.

I only brought 1 1/2 pairs of boots! 2 prs shells, 1 pr liners.
I contemplated shipping a 3rd complete pair of Head boots that need full grinding/stretching etc. However, it seemed a touch absurd.

Meanwhile, I'm at the Basin now! Legs are pretty bad. It's been 3 weeks off snow.

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
58.5lbs with the ski bag.
49.5 with the suitcase
Got the ski bag down to just over 50.
Suitcase went over 50 but it was already tagged...LGA has a weird thing now because of construction you have to take bags over yourself to the scanners.
Southwest didn't charge.
Carry on was probaby 35.

I only brought 1 1/2 pairs of boots! 2 prs shells, 1 pr liners.
I contemplated shipping a 3rd complete pair of Head boots that need full grinding/stretching etc. However, it seemed a touch absurd.

Meanwhile, I'm at the Basin now! Legs are pretty bad. It's been 3 weeks off snow.

Welcome to town big guy! What time you heading to the Basin tomorrow?

Chris Geib

cgeib
Skier
Hey @dean_spirito

I am thinking we might grab breakfast at the A-Frame in the morning. If so, then somewhat early. I am holding out hope it might freeze over night and we can get some runs in first thing while the snow is good ;)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We wont be there until Wed. We have to stop at Head in the AM then get Zigs and Higs in Edwards. We might hit the après at the mountain though.

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
Yes I am at the best western in Dillon. Only one pair of boots but my ski bag is big James could probably use it for a sleeping bag.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll be up late afternoon/early evening on Monday.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'll be up Thursday and meet up with everyone on the slopes. Not sure what time, will depend on how the next few days go with prep.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
What will the meet-up protocol be? Do you still gather in front of the A-Frame ski shop before the lifts open? Once the lifts are running and everyone is spread out all over the mountain, are there times and places to meet up?

I hope to be there tomorrow (Tuesday 5/9) for some early groomer zoomers followed hopefully by warm and soft conditions.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I will try to get a spot at the Beach with the demos.

Sponsor

Staff online