• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Winter Park Film Festival

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
We attended the first ever Winter Park Film Festival the last two days. It was really fun. Manageable size. Terrific, inspiring films. And intimate. You could mingle with the artists who were accessible and gracious.

Higjly recommend putting on your radar for next year.

Some of our favorite films were:

Dreama Team, about a young mom ultra marathon runner.

Room and Board, a realistic but hopeful look at the housing problems in the Tahoe area. Really well done.

Black Country Journal, a beautiful fusion of poetry, jazz and skiing as told by an urban black skier.

The Last Gunners, about retiring the Alta ski patrol WW II canons.

Elemental, a fascinating study of wildfire using the Paradise Fire as the focus. But it was more a study about fire fighting and mitigation practices and how out of step they are with the current science. I thought I knew quite a bit about this but this film shattered some of my supposed knowledge.

Obviously we were only able to see a small number of films on offer.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Very cool.

TS
Jerez

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I forgot to mention another one... Left Right. It's a beautiful snowboarding short that won best cinematography. Some of the shots seemed impossible.

Kind of snowboarding's answer to Marcus Caston's Return the Turn. I am not a snowboarder, but this was a gas.

Sponsor

Staff online