• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Willy Booker new Headmaster at Burke Mountain Academy

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
I guess you could post this under racing or hard goods.

Burke Mountain Academy announced their new headmaster today. Willy Booker who has been the head of Marker-Volkl-Dalbello in the USA. He has been in the race equipment side of the business for a couple of decades. Top race guy at Nordica, and President of Fischer USA.

Burke alum, UVM AA and alum. Burke board head.

Kind of an out of box hire for a headmaster, but one they are excited about. Very energetic guy. Should help continue their success. Congratulations!

http://www.skiracing.com/stories/booker-named-new-head-of-school-at-burke-mountain-academy

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Willy is a good guy, very smart and a helluva skier. His race and and management experience will be a great asset for the school.

TS
Muleski

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
That's the plan. Agree, he is a very talented guy, high energy and smart. Exceptional racer at UVM. Put my son in a Dobermann during his first year as the NE race rep. Seems like a long time ago!

My bet is that he'll do great things. Lot of great things going on there, lot of work to do as well.

I like that it's not the typical ski academy hire. I like it a lot. Not an academic, not a career coach. Brings a lot of other experience to the job, and sure has been close to the race game. And he has headed their board. His wife is a career coach and mom, BTW.

Best to them all.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That's the plan. Agree, he is a very talented guy, high energy and smart. Exceptional racer at UVM. Put my son in a Dobermann during his first year as the NE race rep. Seems like a long time ago!

My bet is that he'll do great things. Lot of great things going on there, lot of work to do as well.

I like that it's not the typical ski academy hire. I like it a lot. Not an academic, not a career coach. Brings a lot of other experience to the job, and sure has been close to the race game. And he has headed their board. His wife is a career coach and mom, BTW.

Best to them all.
He is the guy who'll roll up his sleeves and get to work.
I've always liked his style. Looking forward to seeing what he does.