• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
Coyote on the golf course the other day...
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And a not so good backyard bear shots...
image.jpeg

4ster

Instructor
Dude, that one in the bottom picture is HUGE and clearly ready for winter! Wow!

Does his size mean anything for length/severity of winter???

I think it just means they had a good summer...
Yogi & Boo boo.jpg

...but the squirrels have been going nuts!
Mabel 004.JPG

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The squirrels have been SUPER active here, too. More than I recall from the past two seasons. Lots more pinecone carnage on the trails. And I've seen a lot more chipmunks, too. Oh, and snakes, and not the scary kind.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The squirrels have been SUPER active here, too. More than I recall from the past two seasons. Lots more pinecone carnage on the trails. And I've seen a lot more chipmunks, too. Oh, and snakes, and not the scary kind.
I have a symphony going on on my deck outside my bedroom. The pinecones fall with a thud and then the pitter patter of squirrel feet as they gather them. Before I heard the squirrels I couldn't reconcile the collection of cones with the number of thuds.

The squirrel colony in my spruces used to quarrel all the time. Not so much now but there are a coupe of fat hawks hanging around.

dean_spirito

Freestyle Ski Coach
Skier
Bumped into this little guy on my hike yesterday...

Mom got nervous when I walked a little too close so she swooped in and guided baby to safety...

I wish I had video of baby, clumsily navigating the rocks! Pretty cute.

4ster

Instructor
Not exactly wild right now but this guy was out on the golf course today doing some PT from the Wildlife Care Center...
image.jpeg

...does this count as an eagle on the first hole :huh:?

Last edited:

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
bull_elk.jpg

Now this may not be a great pic due to the low light, but the story around it was Animal Planet or Discovery level.

We had just finished a short hike when we heard elk bugling. We saw two males nearby walking up this road and kept an eye on them to see if it was one of them. Turned out to be elk #3, this guy in pic I'll name Billy Badass, which we hadn't seen at first. Bull 1 and 2 were smaller and keeping ahead of this guy. Billy B was heading to a herd up past the white car in the pic. We spotted a big male in the herd along with lots of females. Light was too low to get a long range pic. Upon arriving at the herd, Billy B made lots of noise and confronted the other big male. The two big males circled each other a few times and then proceeded to butt heads and racks. Another male got in on the fray as well. When all the dust was settled, Billy B had kicked butts and taken over, branding this group of girls his harem. He then went up and kissed a girl and whispered in her ear. Guess they'll be hooking up once it gets dark.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January