• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

TheBestSkier

Getting on the lift
Skier
These man eaters lurk around my yard just waiting to catch me in my hammock.
IMAG1214.jpg
IMG_5465.jpg

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
These man eaters lurk around my yard just waiting to catch me in my hammock.
View attachment 12136 View attachment 12137

I would love to have moose visiting our yard! Much more interesting than rabbits which overrun our neighborhood.
IMG_0021.JPG

Sometimes I catch the rabbits in my trap and relocate to the neighborhood lake, but more than once I have caught possums - ugly, ugly, ugly!
IMG_5905.JPG

IMG_1161.JPG

Last edited:

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
In the fall we get often get moms and "little ones". They are generally docile during the morning and afternoon but do not approach them when they're hunkering down for the night. The moms will charge. I know this firsthand.

DSC_1680.JPG
DSC_1667.JPG

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I would love to have moose visiting our yard! Much more interesting than rabbits which overrun our neighborhood. View attachment 12250

Ha, we have been overrun, too. But I do NOT want moose in my yard. Mean suckers.

I had a cow in my backyard once, but it was before phones had cameras. A big cowpie on my driveway, too. I drove home and thought my neighbors had played a trick on me, ie that it was fake. But nope. Then I heard the dog barking inside, and went to look, and there was Bessie, grazing in the backyard.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That looks like a scary situation.
In another few weeks we'll need to look both ways when we leave the house. But it never fails, it's when you're rushing around with your head down that you'll find a bull in or around your driveway. This young male probably first made his rounds here with his momma.

DSC_1144.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_1132.JPG
    DSC_1132.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 16

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Couldn't decide whether to post this here or the "fishing" thread. My backyard, about 3 miles as the owl flies from midtown Atlanta. New bait caster rod and reel. 3/8oz rubber practice plug (no hooks) just casting to see if I liked the set up. And then this guy came to play and stayed for the better part of the afternoon. Finally had the presence of mind to film it, albeit poorly, as I figured no one would believe me otherwise, what with fisherman's fibs and all that.