• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

When you don't fully know the terrain you're skiing...........

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
The first video is legendary video among CO kids.

I think the skier was 14 at the time. One of the top U19's at senior US Nationals, and on the NorAm circuit, this past year. Has obviously been just fearless all along. This was spring, May, free skiing at ABasin and he just thought he'd send it off that lip for kicks. Didn't realize how far he's go, carrying some heat. Told his coaches that he was going to pop off the lip and catch some air.

Friend of my son's shot that video, as I recall. He was the kid's coach. There's another view of it from the other side of his track on YouTube. Can't recall which one my son shot. He was coaching another group, and they were working together. Think it was the other one, which my son shot at the very last minute. I remember my son sending one of them to me, saying something along the lines that the kid was fearless, and they just had to keep him in one piece! as they saw him approaching, they thought that he was carrying an awful lot of speed, as I recall.

The comments on the video are the other kids. pretty humorous.
This has been used by Colton Hardy on Instagram's "Jerry of the Day" a few times, and it gets thousands of comments each time. One of his all time hits.

He "sent it" about 150 feet in terms of his flight. Nowhere near that big a drop. He approached it with a lot more heat than was "wise", to say the least. As I recall he was perfectly fine afterwards. Surprised that he flew so far more than anything. Think he may have been told to back in down a bit. HaHa. Coaches prefer to return the kids in one piece at the end of a day.

These kids did a lot of serious free skiing and cliff hucking, all season, at those ages. The kid was real comfortable in the air! Think this one was literally over the top. Legendary. Not recommended!

TS
PisteOff

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

I think the skier was 14 at the time. One of the top U19's at senior US Nationals, and on the NorAm circuit, this past year. Has obviously been just fearless all along. This was spring, May, free skiing at ABasin and he just thought he'd send it off that lip for kicks. Didn't realize how far he's go, carrying some heat. Told his coaches that he was going to pop off the lip and catch some air.

Friend of my son's shot that video, as I recall. He was the kid's coach. There's another view of it from the other side of his track on YouTube. Can't recall which one my son shot. He was coaching another group, and they were working together. Think it was the other one, which my son shot at the very last minute. I remember my son sending one of them to me, saying something along the lines that the kid was fearless, and they just had to keep him in one piece! as they saw him approaching, they thought that he was carrying an awful lot of speed, as I recall.

This has been used by Colton Hardy on Instagram's "Jerry of the Day" a few times, and it gets thousands of comments each time. One of his all time hits.

He "sent it" about 150 feet in terms of his flight. Nowhere near that big a drop. He approached it with a lot more heat than was "wise", to say the least. As I recall he was perfectly fine afterwards. Surprised that he flew so far more than anything. Think he may have been told to back in down a bit. HaHa. Coaches prefer to return the kids in one piece at the end of a day.

These kids did a lot of serious free skiing and cliff hucking, all season, at those ages. The kid was real comfortable in the air! Think this one was literally over the top. Legendary. Not recommended!

Great back story, thanks for sharing.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Ya, rolling those windows down for all that extra air LOL! It looks like the crash cloud at the end was as much the result of landing with that much speed as it was from the compression on impact itself. Looked pretty good other than no trick to smooth out the transition to landing.... until BOOM!

fullStack

Getting on the lift
Skier
That was not close to 50 mph, and nowhere near "Jerry of the day".
Just didn't land it. :)

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
That was not close to 50 mph, and nowhere near "Jerry of the day".
Just didn't land it. :)

Have no clue how fast he was skiing. His two coaches both joked wth me that he was carrying WAY too much heat." The kid can ski. I know that much.

Re: Colton Hardy's "Jerry of the Day" site, I think he's posted the video four times over the years. Also believe it may be his record holder for hits and views. He posted it two days ago, again, and since doing so has over 500K views and 2700 comments on Instagram. That's big.

Not suggesting the kid is a "Jerry." He's one of the top juniors in his age group in the country, and reportedly still fearless!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Now I see it's A-Basin. I think @dean_spirito can top it... Whaddya think?

Sponsor

Staff online