• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What's on TV today?

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
I had a serious crush on Teri Garr when I was a kid...

6917022947_a9f1fefac5_b.jpg

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm flipping between the Lafs/Penguins game and the USC/Washington game. Looking like a USC upset.. :eek:
Woo hoo...6 in a row! Still a shot at the Rose Bowl...woo hoo......sorry..

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
^^^Agreed, Barbara Eden too. Then moved on to Farrah, Loni Anderson, Cheryl Tieggs,Catherine and Barbara Bach, etc..

I can totally get why Jeri Ryan always wins the trek girls polls. There aren't nearly as many really old school trek fans voting. But, compared to all the other women on Trek TOS Rand was way hotter than all but Uhura with that being pretty close. Joan Collins also appeared on an episode of TOS. 7 of 9 wasn't any prettier than Rand, but way more well known across all Trek fans beginning to present.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
For the Binge watchers out there.

newest series I have seen worth watching

Stranger Things

and Black Mirror

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
We just binge watched the second season of iZombie on Netflix. Very watchable. Not much deep thinking required. Many hot dudes, sometimes shirtless, sadly only sometimes.

And we've been watching Westworld. Interesting things happened on Sunday's episode ...

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
iZombie is hilarious!

I love the friendships. And the quips. Okay, I love how the friendships allow for the quips. And I love how it doesn't take itself at all seriously - so many offhand comments about lame zombie tropes. And Steven Weber is just the *best* supervillain.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I love the friendships. And the quips. Okay, I love how the friendships allow for the quips. And I love how it doesn't take itself at all seriously - so many offhand comments about lame zombie tropes. And Steven Weber is just the *best* supervillain.
Rob Thomas cameo at the end of last season was great!

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
My roommate watches Izombie

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Caught a few episodes of Wings in the past weeks, I can't think of Steven Weber as being a super villain, let alone the *best* one.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Caught a few episodes of Wings in the past weeks, I can't think of Steven Weber as being a super villain, let alone the *best* one.

Try it :)

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Watched a Norwegian movie on Netflix, "The Last King". Great ski scenes in it.
It takes place in the 1200's but the guys doing the ski scenes, and there are a lot of them, have real talent. These guys get it on with single pole technique.
Try it, you might like it.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I was just going to mention The Last King. Started watching it last night.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Watched a Norwegian movie on Netflix, "The Last King". Great ski scenes in it.
It takes place in the 1200's but the guys doing the ski scenes, and there are a lot of them, have real talent. These guys get it on with single pole technique.
Try it, you might like it.

One would hope so; that is the event all subsequent Birkies have been named after. :) Mind you, it's only two scenes that we actually see striding technique in.

BTW anyone watching Celia? It's awesome - Buena Vista Social Club wrapped up in As The World Turns with a frosting of Evita.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier

Wings did none of the actors any favors at all - and the proof is Tom Haden Church. THC (yes, I know) should have had all the classic Nick Nolte roles from the 90s onwards, with some Daniel Day Lewis remakes mixed in - and all he got was Sideways. Frex, I would have loved to see a THC Cannery Row , with, say, Rachel Weisz. *sigh*

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
PBS, SOUNDBREAKING S1:E8, "I Am My Music" Listening formats determine how and where people listen and how music is collected and shared. :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

P.S., @crgildart and @Dave Petersen, this series has your names all over it, check it out!

Last edited:

4ster

Just because you can doesn’t mean you should!
Instructor
From Shiffrins Facebook page, no spoilers please:

It's race day again! If anyone back home wants to watch us compete this weekend in @sestriere_vialattea here are the times and links-
SATURDAY, DEC 10
GSRun 1 (Sestriere)�Schedule: 4:30-5:30am ET (Digital only)
Live Stream Link: http://stream.nbcsports.com/nbc/?pid=28735
GSRun 2 (Sestriere)�Schedule: 7:30-8:30am ET (Digital only)
Live Stream Link: http://stream.nbcsports.com/nbc/?pid=28740
Full Race Coverage: Universal HD - 7pm ET

SUNDAY, DEC 11
Slalom Run 1 (Sestriere)�Schedule: 4:30-6am ET (Digital only)
Live Stream Link: http://stream.nbcsports.com/nbc/?pid=28747
Slalom Run 2 (Sestriere)�Schedule: 7:30-8:30am ET (Digital only)
Live Stream Link: http://stream.nbcsports.com/nbc/?pid=28750
Full Race Coverage: Universal HD - 3pm ET