• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What skis are manufactured/made here in the USA?

Eddie

Booting up
Skier
I am not trying to start a political debate, nor have I anything against skis made outside of the USA. If anyone has a problem with my question, I apologize. Yet am curious about this. K2 skis are made in China. I found out that many of DPS skis are made in China, not in their Utah factory.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Lots of custom people, but for non custom only:

Praxis
On3p
Moment
Icelantic
Fatypus
Rocky Mountain Underground
Lib Tech

And that's just a start.

What kind of skis are you looking for?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am not trying to start a political debate, nor have I anything against skis made outside of the USA. If anyone has a problem with my question, I apologize. Yet am curious about this. K2 skis are made in China. I found out that many of DPS skis are made in China, not in their Utah factory.
DPS makes skis both in the US and China. Icelantic and Platypus (not sure all) a few other come out of the NeverSummer plant. Mad Russian hand builds skis here.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
You'd be hard pressed to find anything that's pure 100% US content. Edges, fiberglass sheeting, p-tex are all probably going to be Chinese made.. Almost everything going in to the press isn't US made anymore... but ya, there are plenty of small volume shops that still press skis here in the USA .

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Liberty Skis HQ in Avon, CO.

According to Wikipedia: However, one of the things that separates Liberty is they actually manufacture their own skis, while other small companies simply design them and contract out the production to a larger factory.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Liberty Skis HQ in Avon, CO.

According to Wikipedia: However, one of the things that separates Liberty is they actually manufacture their own skis, while other small companies simply design them and contract out the production to a larger factory.

I'm 95% sure I've held Liberty Skis that were made in China. Their website is pretty mum on the issue of where they are actually constructed -- http://libertyskis.com/company/ . If they did manufacture here, I'm sure they'd be more explicit about it.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm 95% sure I've held Liberty Skis that were made in China. Their website is pretty mum on the issue of where they are actually constructed -- http://libertyskis.com/company/ . If they did manufacture here, I'm sure they'd be more explicit about it.
I will throw in the other 5%.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Where do the components of @mad russian's skis come from?

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I just bought a pair of Meier skis. Well 4 months ago. Made 100% in Colorado.

Assembled in CO -- I'm pretty sure no one in this state manufactures the materials needed to make them.

AFAIK no one makes skis from 100% USA materials. Moment tries to source only MiUSA, but I think they only get to like 90% of materials.

TS
E

Eddie

Booting up
Skier
Lots of custom people, but for non custom only:

Praxis
On3p
Moment
Icelantic
Fatypus
Rocky Mountain Underground
Lib Tech

And that's just a start.

What kind of skis are you looking for?

Nothing particular. Just curious which American Ski companies actually build skis here. Volkl in Germany, Atomic, Kastle factories in Austria, etc. Head makes many of their skis overseas in Europe.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Nothing particular. Just curious which American Ski companies actually build skis here. Volkl in Germany, Atomic, Kastle factories in Austria, etc. Head makes many of their skis overseas in Europe.

Read up about Meier, they are pretty cool. I posted some links above about them and how their skis come to be in Colorado. They are all handmade from Colorado beetle kill pine trees. Links above in my earlier posting.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Volkl make some of their skis in China. Kastle made some in Slovania. We are in a global market. Even some companies who's name is synonymous with a specific country, have skis built elsewhere.

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
DPS makes skis both in the US and China. Icelantic and Platypus (not sure all) a few other come out of the NeverSummer plant. Mad Russian hand builds skis here.

You mean "fat-ypus"?

Sponsor

Staff online