• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What? No muscle car talk? Whaaat?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Where the Muscle fars were great was in how flamboyant they were with the colors, the decals, and the huge wings on the Superbirds. Now, most cars are some varied shade of gray or white..

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I would sell the Miata in a New York Minute if I could find a mint Mk1 GTI or Scirocco in mint condition...for a reasonable price. But wait..I will quote...

and go the opposite of HR tongue in cheek comment, I'd rather drive a slow car fast, than s fast car slow. The Miata is fun at 9/10th and I can still be somewhat responsible on the road. I tis a fun canyn carver for sure.

this 110 percent.

Also people who do burn out in towns are Assholes with small private parts. Seriously no one cares and your annoying. Kinda of like Loud pipe cruisers, I mean to each his own, but again I kinda of look down on anyone who has a performance car that has never seen half of it potential.

TS
hrstrat57

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
Where the Muscle fars were great was in how flamboyant they were with the colors, the decals, and the huge wings on the Superbirds. Now, most cars are some varied shade of gray or white..

Plum crazy!

Had a 78 Scirocco traded in my 124 Spider for it 2 weeks after I got out of college. Man that was exciting - first car with killer sound system too. High end Pioneer deck with 4 Kricket speakers - fun!

Didn't last long, RX7 came out had to have it. Had the first one in S RI. Everyone thought it was a Porsche.

My 2003 GT has Conti Extreme DW on it. Dry road tires. It handles - far from a straight line cruiser. Loves back roads!

Miata is kinda like a WC slalom ski. I think the new ones are ugly tho. The 124 Spider redux much nicer looking car. I need to go test drive one of those obviously since I had a 71 Spider in college.

TS
hrstrat57

hrstrat57

Skis guitars Mustangs
Skier
this 110 percent.

Also people who do burn out in towns are Assholes with small private parts. Seriously no one cares and your annoying. Kinda of like Loud pipe cruisers, I mean to each his own, but again I kinda of look down on anyone who has a performance car that has never seen half of it potential.

At $200 + a pop for tires I ain't doing no burnouts. I like my clutch just the way it's adjusted too.

No thanks.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
this 110 percent.

Loud pipes save lives!!! :roflmao:

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have no problem at all driving a fast car slow and enjoying the bejeziz out of it. But I do agree that the new Miatas are less attractive than any of the older ones.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Engine Guy reporting in.

As a kid, I always wanted something with a pre-smog 351 Cleveland or 426 Hemi in it.

Preferably a Q-Ship approach.

Missed out by minutes on a BEAUTIFUL 65 Dodge (forget model) with a Hemi perfectly installed by the most O/C car guy I ever met.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'll consider anything with 2 doors cool, maybe add a hatchback depending on the rest of the package. Vette with a hatch back is definitely cool. Only a couple Hondas and Toyotas with 2 doors are cool.

As for a 4 door Charger Hellcat, reminds me of back in the early 90s a friend was telling me anyone could order a Ford Tarus with all of the Highway Patrol engine and suspension mods direct from Ford and it was pretty bad assed. Ya, but not "cool". Give me a Challenger instead!

Only "cool" 4 door vehicle is this one..

Bluesmobile_at_House_of_Blues_Dallas_-_3-4_view.jpg

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier
While I have a soft spot for late 1960s-early 1970s muscle cars, when you can spend less than $20k for a couple year old used 300+ horsepower V6 in a Camaro/Mustang/Challenger with decent handling, brakes, bulletproof engines, seatbelts/airbags, excellent seats, and a 6 speed, it is hard to get excited about the old stuff. Chevy actually sells a road racing track package (http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro-sports-car/1le-packages) that you can get with a 335-hp V6. It boggles the mind and I haven't even brought up the 400 plus HP V8s that can be purchased.
So you can get a bone stock rebuilt late 1960s muscle car (that drives like crap) for a fortune, or 1960s muscle car resto-mod with a modern engine/drivetrain and suspension that costs a bigger fortune or you can get a 2/3 year old Mustang GT with under 30K miles for $25K.
Mach 1.jpg

1971 Mustang Mack 1, 351C 2V, 4 spd, Grabber Green

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
While I have a soft spot for late 1960s-early 1970s muscle cars, when you can spend less than $20k for.

Amen brutha, witnesseth:

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/6089812008.html

why would I bother with:
https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/cto/6112600226.html

frankly I'd far rather get #1 and double up on the @Philpug method with one of
https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/cto/6106964778.html
or super retro:
https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/6104519639.html

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier

24K miles and 2 million miles worth of rust? Hahaha. A good friend on college had one of those and it ran for probably two months of the two years he tried to use it... and not in a row hahaha. Least reliable car ever. On the bright side, he never had to drive to concerts and stuff we all did as a group because nobody wanted to be stuck all broken down waiting on Triple A or someone else to come pick us up..

x10003q

Out on the slopes
Skier

Those first 2 are exactly what I am talking about, athough the Bricklin is a rare bird.

Datsun/Nissan has produced some of the ugliest cars I have ever seen.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Those first 2 are exactly what I am talking about, athough the Bricklin is a rare bird.

OK, so I did understand your point correctly, thanks.

EDIT: I was actually looking to post a Scarab -type conversion when I ran into the Bricklin.

Last edited: