• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Welcome Pret Helmets as Official Sponsor of Pugski Test Team

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Pugski.com and Pret Helmets are proud to announce that Pret is the official helmet sponsor of Pugski.com's test team for the 2017-18 ski season. During testing, we will be wearing the all-new Cirque, Shaman, Luxe, and Cynic in both X (MIPS) and regular versions in an array of colors. We look forward to working with Mark Featherstone and his team.
IMG_0260.JPG

The perfect helmet never gets between you and the perfect run.
Transparent design allows the full experience to come through without interference or degradation. This is what drives Pret to create the ultimate helmets. Employing no-compromise design and fanatical attention to detail, every product it creates is optimized to deliver "designed transparency."

About Pret
Pret launched in 2011 with the goal of producing high-performance helmets that emphasize ventilation, light weight, comfort, and custom fit. We develop helmets that reflect our demand for performance and innovation, our love of the outdoors and the people who share our passion. We constantly develop our exclusive technologies and create new ones to extract the highest performance from our helmets. Pret helmets are assembled to exacting standards. We are proud to be a small Park City, Utah-based company. http://prethelmets.com #notjustanotherhelmet

About Pugski
Pugski.com has become one of the main reference sites for skiing news, information, and, most of all, gear reviews. Our reviews are unique because they are interactive, allowing the consumer to discuss gear with our testers and then buy with assurance. We create excitement that no other review site or publication can. The online ski community is continuing to grow content, and traffic has been increasing rapidly; since the launch in January 2016, the site has received almost 4 million page views.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
The test team shows a clear bias towards helmeted skiers. I represent the toque hatted community and can fill the obvious void :huh:
Skis can be shipped directly to me for my review.
Perhaps the prestigious and now re-opened Moriarty Hats could be contacted for this demographic sponsorship... ogwink

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The test team shows a clear bias towards helmeted skiers. I represent the toque hatted community and can fill the obvious void :huh:
Skis can be shipped directly to me for my review.
Perhaps the prestigious and now re-opened Moriarty Hats could be contacted for this demographic sponsorship... ogwink
You and @Chris Geib. We prefer to call what you choose to sport, a "soft shell helmet". One of my favorite features of the Pret is the weight..or lack thereof.

James

Out There
Instructor
We want warm helmets!!
Enough of this ventilating stuff. They've all been obsessed with it. (Helmet makers). We're not all skining with t shirts in gruesome sun.
A ski hat should not be warmer than a helmet. Pass the word to the designers.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
the cirque is plenty warm with vents that open and close.

You should shave your head to verify this. As someone with a shaved head, I have not found any well vented helmet to truly close them enough to stop an ice cold draft across my scalp when skiing fast.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
So, we can turn this into a good old "helmet thread". Or we can give our new sponsors a warm welcome, instead? And perhaps we ca add a "thank you for supporting us". Here goes mine :) Seriously, thanks for that. I am flying to Park City in 5 days (yes, I am counting the hours :). I will keep an eye for you guys! Cheers!

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
So, we can turn this into a good old "helmet thread". Or we can give our new sponsors a warm welcome, instead? And perhaps we ca add a "thank you for supporting us". Here goes mine :) Seriously, thanks for that. I am flying to Park City in 5 days (yes, I am counting the hours :). I will keep an eye for you guys! Cheers!
I have both my kids in Pret helmets. Totally awesome. Better than my helmet. I need an upgrade.

James

Out There
Instructor
Or we can give our new sponsors a warm welcome, instead?
Yes, indeed- welcome!
I look forward to Pret's warm welcome to cold climate skiers!

I guess the other question is, does Pret make a 100% wool helmet? (Geico cavemen and Euro guides want to know)

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Pret is the bomb. Sometimes I go retro stormtrooper white, sometimes rubber head green.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I truly love my Pret and was tickled to get a helmet to demo while testing and then keep it! Hope to pick up another one in a different color :)
It is SO light; most comfortable helmet I've ever worn. As for warmth--a thin skull cap really does do the trick with any helmet. I find that hats are MUCH colder.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
And perhaps we ca add a "thank you for supporting us". Here goes mine :) Seriously, thanks for that. I am flying to Park City in 5 days (yes, I am counting the hours :). I will keep an eye for you guys! Cheers!
They are located in Park City in the same building as Snocru and the SIA Headquarters. Look them up.

James

Out There
Instructor
I truly love my Pret...

It is SO light; most comfortable helmet I've ever worn.
As for warmth--a thin skull cap really does do the trick with any helmet. I find that hats are MUCH colder.
A skull cap is....wait for it....a hat.
See @Bill Talbot just wears one piece on his head. Not two.

In other news, Scottish men have rejected wearing leggings with kilts in winter.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
A skull cap is....wait for it....a hat.
See @Bill Talbot just wears one piece on his head. Not two.

In other news, Scottish men have rejected wearing leggings with kilts in winter.
Yes but as hats go, skull caps are so 21st century. A helmet completes it.

Old guys wearing skull caps is a thing.

James

Out There
Instructor
1) Yes but as hats go, skull caps are so 21st century. A helmet completes it.

2) Old guys wearing skull caps is a thing.
1) Hmmm...Again?? 16th Century:

papiez-juliusz.jpg

Raphael, Portrait of Julius II , 1511
https://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/paintings/raphael-portrait-of-pope-julius-ii

Complete witthout the helmet. It's a master of the Universe thing. He would look pretty rad in a Pret Cynic bright green though. Would give Darth a run.

2) Yes. We've seen this before. ( See ^^)

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Just noticed the test team picture, with Philpug in full on test mode, with two different boots on! A classic! Testing at a higher level.

This is good stuff. Great to see it evolving.