• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Welcome everyone to our new home.

Matt iskiIL

Booting up
Skier
Intro:
Matt aka iskiIL. Northern Illinois, southern Wisconsin is my homeland. I have connected with several other season pass holders from the other site at Cascade and already have plans for more get together this year. I will make sure they follow here. Going to Utah this year for my first big west trip! Looking forward to continuing on here!

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like old home week. From NYC. Don't really do much of anything. Usually wandering west of the continental divide during the winter months looking for snow accumulated on a slant.

Ed Wasserman

Weekend Warrior
Skier
Originally from VT, but living in Denver for the last decade. I've had the Epic pass since moving here, but this year switched to the RMSP. I'm a weekend warrior and have a zen-like calm approach to I70 traffic, if zen-like calm means getting up super early, skiing until last chair and grabbing some food before heading for the tunnel. Podcasts and satellite radio keep me sane.

After many years wandering through the wilderness of ski brands, I came to the promised land of Icelantic Skis. Last year I picked up a backup pair of Gypsys patiently waiting for the day my beloved walrusses head for the great ski rack in the ski.

I met SkiNurse on SteepAndCheap way back when they had one deal a day and a forum with endless discussions on sneakers and sunglasses. Occasionally, I'm able to play hooky midweek and get out on the snow with her. I'm looking forward to a Tuesdays In The Snow day or two this season.

Willy

aka Goldmember
Industry Insider
Hi all. I'm aka Goldmember on other sites. I got mixed up in this with putting up video clips from our TV shows that are produced by Peak Media/Peak Travels. We used to have our own page at Epic and I had 'insider' status but I now see that it's all been unplugged. Phil and Tricia have been great contributors to the industry over the years and good friends to work with at Epic for allowing us a spot to post. It's clear to see that times are-a-changin' there.

Hopefully there may be a repository where we can post up some video stoke here. Here's a sample show from a few years ago that shows what we do:

Last edited:

Jake M

AKA Gunnerbob
Skier
Hi, my name is Jake and I'm a ski-aholic. I can't get enough of it, I sell things to buy gear to fuel my addiction, and yes even my family has become addicts. We go on vacation to find more snow when everyone else here is heading to sunny beaches down South. We pray for snow, and yell for joy when it's in the forecast. We ski on ice, in the rain, and even when it's -40 outside. "Hunting for pow!" is our family slogan, and we ski wherever the wind blows us.

Yes, I am an addict, and wouldn't trade it for anything. :cool:

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
I'm KevinF, the same KevinF that exists on a variety of other sites. Unless there's another KevinF on forums that I don't participate on, in which case that's not me.

As for how you know me... there's this jacket. It's yellow. Mrs. Pug knows it well.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm DeAnn. I know @Philpug and @Tricia from the online world and the real world - the same goes for a lot of the members. I live in Pittsburgh, but I want to be part of the Colorado Crew... I'm HUGELY jealous of Tuesdays In The Snow. And, no, I don't want to talk about it.
Awww, I would think you felt included with all the texts & pics we send you EVERY DAY WE SKI!:eek:

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Originally from VT, but living in Denver for the last decade. I've had the Epic pass since moving here, but this year switched to the RMSP. I'm a weekend warrior and have a zen-like calm approach to I70 traffic, if zen-like calm means getting up super early, skiing until last chair and grabbing some food before heading for the tunnel. Podcasts and satellite radio keep me sane.

After many years wandering through the wilderness of ski brands, I came to the promised land of Icelantic Skis. Last year I picked up a backup pair of Gypsys patiently waiting for the day my beloved walrusses head for the great ski rack in the ski.

I met SkiNurse on SteepAndCheap way back when they had one deal a day and a forum with endless discussions on sneakers and sunglasses. Occasionally, I'm able to play hooky midweek and get out on the snow with her. I'm looking forward to a Tuesdays In The Snow day or two this season.
Yay Ed!! Yes, we were on the SAC forum waaaay before the days of Facebook & Twitter. He was my first "online" friend that I met in person. You would love Tuesdays In The Snow!

Gerry Rhoades

mtcyclist rippin' again
Industry Insider
Wow, I went to work this morning and there were only about a dozen or so people on here and look what happened. Very cool indeed. I'm Gerry from Billings, MT, also known as mtcyclist(doesn't mean motorcycles) on Epic. I'm 71 and officially retired from the real world of work but work part time at SkiBoot Rx selling skis, fitting boots, mounting bindings and generally having a good time. I'm a PSIA certified Alpine instructor and generally ski at Red Lodge Mountain but also Bridger Bowl, Big Sky and Grand Targhee. If anybody wants to visit Red Lodge, let me know and I'll be happy to give you a tour of the mountain.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm Bob Lee on epic and in real life, Meadow Skipper on TGR, televisionary on earnyourturns, and...sometimes amlaq.

There's a story about that name amlaq. I fought wildfire all over for many years, and I was stationed in Alaska for a long time. This one time I was in a remote Yupik Eskimo village - Aniak - that was surrounded by wildfires. I was running a staging area that transferred firefighters and supplies from airplanes to helicopters and shuttled them out to the fires. I'd hired a number of the local Yupiks to help out and one woman I'd hired gave me the nickname of Umlaq, which essentially meant mustache.

I was kind of proud of that, and so one day when a number of villagers had wandered out to the airstrip and were standing around in a group to watch the excitement, that woman introduced me as Bob. I told the locals "yeah, but you can call me Amlaq (see how I changed it a little). Now Yupik Eskimos are a very polite and somewhat quiet people, and when I said Amlaq they got real quiet and started flashing looks at each other, then they started softly chuckling, then giggling, and finally laughing out loud and looking away from me.

I was confused and looked at the woman who'd nicknamed me, who was laughing so hard she had tears in her eyes, and asked what the hell? It took her a while to calm down, but finally she told me "You have to be careful how you pronounce your words. Umlaq means the hair that grows from your lip. Amlaq is the word for the hair that grows between your legs." I'd just told the people of Aniak to call me pubic hair.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm David from Stanwood, an hour north of Seattle. I ski mostly at Stevens Pass, also Crystal Mt, also also Mission Ridge, also also also Baker. I started teaching skiing three years ago and planning to take PSIA L2 exams this year.

I've been to a couple of Gatherings. I was present when Phil and Tricia were married on a powder day at Northstar.

Confession: I've never been to Colorado.

As a confirmed smart-ass, I can easily find ways to be annoying; however my training as a therapist compels me to exhibit compassion, perspective and reason. Half Tigger, half Vulcan.

Old boot

Getting on the lift
Skier
Im Old boot but this was my chance to up date my name so I have. AKA Robin from Canada but moved to South Carolina several years ago chasing the southern powder. (havnt fount it yet so that's why Im still here chasing it) See several people and names I know. And just remember ...because you are posting here doesn't mean you cant meet us all there.:rolleyes:

Sponsor

Staff online