• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Waving hi from Virginia

va_deb

Getting on the lift
Skier
Waving hi to Tricia, Phil, Ski Diva friends, and skiers of all stripes!

Longtime lurker (if a month or so counts) and first-time registered poster from the Coast where boilerplate = a great start to your ski day and a region where any hill open past mid-March is considered a good season. Are y'all out west (anything west of the Mississippi River is west) shuddering yet?

Discovered skiing in my mid-40s and have been at it for just a few seasons. Worked my way past beginner boots and skis and discovered a love of demoing -- albeit limited where I live -- pretty early on. Passholder at Timberline in Canaan Valley, WV (but it's been a sad season there) and occasionally ski Massanutten and other Va-MD-DC area ski resorts. Lower intermediate but hoping to change that with lessons and more days on the hill.

I'm grateful for the knowledge and support I've found from the online skiing community, and I can't wait for our spring Tahoe trip!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Waving hi to Tricia, Phil, Ski Diva friends, and skiers of all stripes!

Longtime lurker (if a month or so counts) and first-time registered poster from the Coast where boilerplate = a great start to your ski day and a region where any hill open past mid-March is considered a good season. Are y'all out west (anything west of the Mississippi River is west) shuddering yet?

Discovered skiing in my mid-40s and have been at it for just a few seasons. Worked my way past beginner boots and skis and discovered a love of demoing -- albeit limited where I live -- pretty early on. Passholder at Timberline in Canaan Valley, WV (but it's been a sad season there) and occasionally ski Massanutten and other Va-MD-DC area ski resorts. Lower intermediate but hoping to change that with lessons and more days on the hill.

I'm grateful for the knowledge and support I've found from the online skiing community, and I can't wait for our spring Tahoe trip!

Keep us posted for when you arrive and maybe we can schedule a tour of the Pugski worldwide headquarters and binding museum.

TS
va_deb

va_deb

Getting on the lift
Skier
@Philpug Woo hoo! And will do! (Have been in touch with @Tricia.) Do I get to meet Ziggy too? :wag:

Will be in ski heaven while going through dog withdrawal.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug Woo hoo! And will do! (Have been in touch with @Tricia.) Do I get to meet Ziggy too? :wag:

Will be in ski heaven while going through dog withdrawal.

Slow down girl, you just got here and already you want to pet our dog? What type of people do you think we are? OK, but you must bring us bourbon.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug That's a deal! Although Ziggy looks like he's a little young to drink...
Don't let his youthful appearance fool you. :ogcool: He is wise beyond his years.
family_guy_a_martini_a_day_single_round_coaster_featuring_brian_cork_backed_officially_licensed.515191489f15e.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We'll get the Renouns prepped for you, but you better save up....once you ski them, you'll want them.

TS
va_deb

va_deb

Getting on the lift
Skier
Talking of Timberline we're having a bit of a meetup there *next* weekend. Wave hello, eh?

Sorry to miss the gathering. Hoping for a better MidA season next year!

TS
va_deb

va_deb

Getting on the lift
Skier

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
Slow down girl, you just got here and already you want to pet our dog? What type of people do you think we are? OK, but you must bring us bourbon.

@va_deb, you're getting off easy. I'm expected to bring bourbon and bacon! (Not that I mind, mind you...)

TS
va_deb

va_deb

Getting on the lift
Skier
@cbk, is there a bacon-flavored bourbon yet?

If not, who's up for pitching it on Shark Tank?

jimmy

Mixmaster
SkiTalk Supporter
Bacon flavored popcorn is all the rage at Ziggy's.
It was a ridiculous season here in WV. Have fun in Tahoe @va_deb and maybe we can make some turns at Timberslime next season

TS
va_deb

va_deb

Getting on the lift
Skier
Ridiculous season indeed in WV. Better half wants to go this weekend. I'm honestly not sure it's worth it. What say you guys? @jimmy @cantunamunch

Def look forward to catching up there next season!

Sponsor

Staff online