• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Virus X-Form Compression

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Virus X-Form Compression base layers are not your grandma's thermal underwear. We will be looking at both the Virus Top with the X-Form and the complementing Women's Stay Warm Compression V2 Full Pant.

Let's begin with the top. The Virus X-Form top is designed to support back health, shoulder support, and posture. Since my right shoulder has been buggered up for some time, I was excited to try this kit. At first I was concerned about the neck line, because it felt slightly restrictive, but I wasn't sure whether it was a fit issue or part of the inherent design. After getting on with my day, I forgot about the neckline and realized that it was made with material that was soft and forgiving while preserving the functionality of the garment.
screen-shot-2016-11-05-at-8-04-19-pm-png.15588

I skied with this top 10 times before my ski season ended, and while warmth was an issue on the colder days, it was warm enough for spring ski days. In addition, I was extremely impressed with the lack of fatigue in my shoulder. Back issues have never been a concern for me, so I'm not sure how it will work for someone looking for back support, but for shoulder and postural support, I give this top a big thumbs up!

Now we get to the bottom of things. I usually wear 3/4-length bottom base layers, so this full-length pant was a concern at first, especially considering that it's a compression base layer. Any concern was quickly dismissed when I was able to pull it up to my boot top and maintain those compression capabilities. Like the top, it's not the warmest of base layers, but it was extremely comfortable and diminished fatigue during those fun spring skiing days when we're inspired to stay out a little longer. It's hard to imagine that a piece of clothing can offer this kind of comfort and energy throughout the day. This is one virus that won't leave you feeling achy and fatigued.
screen-shot-2016-11-05-at-8-12-38-pm-png.15593

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'd be very interested to know how the shirt especially compares to AlignMed . I have been using these shirts (and bras in summer) to help with posture issues and combatting "computer back".

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I have not seen AlignMed, so can't give a comparison. I'd be interested to take a look if given the chance.
What impressed me with Virus, besides the actual back/shoulder support, was how soft the material around the neck is and how easily I forgot that I had something that close around my neck.