• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Vintage Atomic Classic "Red Sleds" on Ebay

K2 Rat

Out on the slopes
Skier

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Junior ones tended to max out at 175..maybe 180. ogwink
With 18 years of ski retail in four different shops I never saw a Jr. over 175 even in the high performance Jr's.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
With 18 years of ski retail in four different shops I never saw a Jr. over 175 even in the high performance Jr's.
I thought I recall a 180..but that might be now in some of the junior GS skis. Only first cup of coffee this AM

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I thought I recall a 180..but that might be now in some of the junior GS skis. Only first cup of coffee this AM
I have been out of the business for some time but everything has gotten shorter in that time. Who ever thought a SL ski would be 160 or less?

TS
RickyG

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
Gang...your correct as a pure race ski of the 80's but...un-drilled piece of history? Find me an un-drilled K2 255 in a 195 for 100 dollars I'd I'd offer considerably more. Also yes "team" or Jr. skis tended to stop at 175 because doofses (sp???)would have thought of them as "short skis" during that craze of the 70's. Who here would admit to having skied on a Kniessl Short Comp? ...one...me...that would have been a "dead sled"...