• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Used Stockli Stormrider 88's (168cm) for sale $150 --SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chriscray

Booting up
Skier
I have 3 pair of Stockli Stormrider 88's for sale. They are from one of our rental shops. They are great skis, definitely loved by all and therefore got used quite a bit. Top sheets are hammered, bases aren't too bad. All the photos the skis are in same order right to left.
IMG_0762.JPG IMG_0763.JPG IMG_0764.JPG

TS
Chriscray

Chriscray

Booting up
Skier
SPEC's:

127-88-113

Radius 16.9m

Fischer XTR 12 rental bindings

DIN 4-12

BSL 270 to 390mm

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Huh. It is my size. Hear such good things about this ski, and the price is hard to ignore. But mostly I hear good things from people who drive their skis pretty hard ... are they as demanding as I think they are?

Does $150 include shipping?

What does "bases not too bad" mean? Scratches too deep too grind out? Core shot repairs? Just general wear and tear? Is there enough material to grind the bases and sharpen edges?

Also what's up with the bases on the far left? Wax droplets prior to ironing, or something else?

TS
Chriscray

Chriscray

Booting up
Skier
If i didn't have my Kenjas that i love so much I'd be all over these. Great deal. Hope they all find a good home.

I took a pair of short Kenja's out on a busy day and I am thoroughly IMPRESSED by that ski! If I could find a 170 at a good price I'm adding to my quiver.

TS
Chriscray

Chriscray

Booting up
Skier
Huh. It is my size. Hear such good things about this ski, and the price is hard to ignore. But mostly I hear good things from people who drive their skis pretty hard ... are they as demanding as I think they are?

Does $150 include shipping?

What does "bases not too bad" mean? Scratches too deep too grind out? Core shot repairs? Just general wear and tear? Is there enough material to grind the bases and sharpen edges?

Also what's up with the bases on the far left? Wax droplets prior to ironing, or something else?

$150 DOES include shipping!

Looks like there are some P-Tex repairs, can't tell if core shot. Plenty of base (material) left for tuning on all 3. They've been tuned at most 3 times. Rentals on soft snow usually require wax until someone dings them up. They all have some scuffs from rocks, but nothing a full tune can't fix.

That 1st pair looks like a wax job with either some different temp wax than other layers. Hand waxes on rental fleet stuff usually doesn't get the best attention when there a dozen for someone to wax.

The top sheets on these skis are the worst condition on all three. pieces of the Titanall topsheet are missing and are SHARP!. I deduce they make the skis slighty softer in flex but I think most skiers wouldn't be able to tell.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I deduce they make the skis slighty softer in flex but I think most skiers wouldn't be able to tell.

Do you mean that Stöckli make their rental skis a bit softer than their retails skis? (would not surprise me)

TS
Chriscray

Chriscray

Booting up
Skier
No, not all. Stockli doesn't make a rental ski just for rentals. Nor do I think they would.

I meant I deduce with some of the metal topsheet missing that they would be s smidgen softer than they would be with full intact topsheet.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
No, not all. Stockli doesn't make a rental ski just for rentals. Nor do I think they would.

I meant I deduce with some of the metal topsheet missing that they would be s smidgen softer than they would be with full intact topsheet.

Ooooh. Okay, thanks! That's just the one on the far left, correct?

TS
Chriscray

Chriscray

Booting up
Skier
they all have it, middle pair (#2) having the least missing. The left par (#1) was painted red or grey and clear epoxy over that for aesthetics

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Bump.... 2 pair left!

The pair I bought for a buddy showed up & THEY ARE A SICK DEAL.

Yes, there are cosmetic topsheet chips. Rest of ski/bindings/bases/edges are perfect. You will actually get some cred for the chips.

Skis I've sold recently have cost $60-75 to ship, so you're getting a $1300 set up for $75!

I should have purchased a pair for me.

Tico

Putting on skis
Skier
I'll take one for letting local pick up if you can wait until the 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor