• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Also, I see that my translation was not a very good one. In Italian it says, "Joy 11 binding". Since binding in Italian is 'attacco', I translated this as attack.
I am 98% confident that these will not have an Attack binding.

va_deb

Getting on the lift
Skier
Thanks for the great reviews, @Tricia!

+1 on the lightweight Joy skiing much more solidly than anyone would guess.

And I might need to check out the Dynastar Cougar Cruiser! lol

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Thanks for the great reviews, @Tricia!

+1 on the lightweight Joy skiing much more solidly than anyone would guess.

And I might need to check out the Dynastar Cougar Cruiser! lol

Talk to @Jilly, she is the "Lead Cougar" ;) . Yes, they are much more solid than you would expect for such a light ski, but we are saying that about their Kore line too. Head currently is doing a lot of the right things. I can understand why they are not promoting the Epic Joy, 60-some waisted skis do not have a tremendous appeal here. Of the four Supershapes, I imagine the iSpeed (the yellow one) at 66 underfoot sellls the least too.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Talk to @Jilly, she is the "Lead Cougar" ;) . Yes, they are much more solid than you would expect for such a light ski, but we are saying that about their Kore line too. Head currently is doing a lot of the right things. I can understand why they are not promoting the Epic Joy, 60-some waisted skis do not have a tremendous appeal here. Of the four Supershapes, I imagine the iSpeed (the yellow one) at 66 underfoot sellls the least too.

When I read that, I was thinking I need to talk to Brandon about those. Just because of the name!!

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
Quick question: is the Völkl Flair SC E actually the same ski as the unisex Racetiger SC E? I couldn't find any differences on paper (except for the graphics and the lenghts they come in, which overlap for the biggest part).

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I think it is. I have the Racetiger SC evo. It is not available in USA, only for Europe and Canada . Flair SC evo looks to be the same ski, with same dimensions and construction. The binding is different, and is not available in 170 or 175. It retails for exactly the same price (in my city at least)
I just see the e designation you mention on the website. This is new. Slightly lighter and softer?

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Quick question: is the Völkl Flair SC E actually the same ski as the unisex Racetiger SC E? I couldn't find any differences on paper (except for the graphics and the lenghts they come in, which overlap for the biggest part).

I think it is. I have the Racetiger SC evo. It is not available in USA, only for Europe and Canada . Flair SC evo looks to be the same ski, with same dimensions and construction. The binding is different, and is not available in 170 or 175. It retails for exactly the same price (in my city at least)
I just see the e designation you mention on the website. This is new. Slightly lighter and softer?

Very well it is. The Flair 81 is the same ski as the RTM 81 so I expect this is along the same lines.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Here I am to answer and it looks like others already have it. :)

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I went on the 2018 Fischer site and couldn't find My Curv. Tried filtering by women's skis and still nada. Did they change the name? (smart move if they did)

Our local sports shop doesn't carry Atomic, so they are sadly not on my 2018 demo list. But the Volkl Flair SC-E, Head Super Joy, Fischer and Dynastar are. I have skied and liked all those brands at various times. It'd be nice to narrow the list.

I am short, light and old, but a pretty good skier technically. (I think!)

Want a ski to replace my The Ski that is more front-side oriented for those hard or thin snow days. I love The Ski, but it honestly has a lot of all-mountain overlap with my fat Liberty Envy skis.

I want to have fun on the groomers but still be able to take them into rough snow and hard bumps on occasion.

Which skis should I eliminate?

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'm not sure why the MyCurv isn't on the Fischer site. It doesn't appear to be complete. Perhaps one of the guys from @SkiEssentials has some insight.
As for something to eliminate from your list, you don't seem to be looking for a carve specific ski but more of an all mountain ski that carves.
How much do you weigh?

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
I'm not sure why the MyCurv isn't on the Fischer site. It doesn't appear to be complete. Perhaps one of the guys from @SkiEssentials has some insight.

The Fischer site hadn't been updated to 2018 as of last week. I'd imagine we'll see the new skis pretty soon.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Fischer site hadn't been updated to 2018 as of last week. I'd imagine we'll see the new skis pretty soon.
That's sort of what I was thinking when I looked at the site, but for some reason, I missed the model year on the site and navigating it wasn't intuitive.

NE1

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
...navigating it wasn't intuitive.

I find European websites (ski manufacturers in particular) to be big on bells and whistles and not very user-friendly. I don't need glitz, music, singing, dancing, or to play the "forty clicks" game when I go specifically to your site for a bit of information - "Just the fact's, Ma'am".

They need to spend some time user testing their sites to experience it as a user searching for something would.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I find European websites (ski manufacturers in particular) to be big on bells and whistles and not very user-friendly. I don't need glitz, music, singing, dancing, or to play the "forty clicks" game when I go specifically to your site for a bit of information - "Just the fact's, Ma'am".

They need to spend some time user testing their sites to experience it as a user searching for something would.
Funny thing is, I have the digital catalog for several of the manufacturers. If their web sites were as intuitive as the digital catalog, we'd all be happier.
As for testing their sites - Maybe a site test like the ski test. ;)

Reactions: NE1

Sponsor

Staff online