• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Travis Ganong retiring? - No

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Travis has been teaching some spring/summer camps at Squaw. This seems like a pretty natural progression. Stoked for him in this next journey. But, I haven't seen anything that says he's officially retiring.

TS
Sean

Sean

I don’t see any holes
Skier
Yea, that's why i threw in the question mark up there. Although, directing a program at a ski race training prep school that operates during the ski racing season and not being there seems odd. Semantics I suppose.

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
He is NOT retiring.

This "role" is going to be pretty minimal, as I understand it. Words like mentoring young skiers, being an SVA ambassabor, etc.

Pretty much every ski academy tries to trade off their more prolific alums, and Travis living in the Tahoe basin, and being a good guy makes this one a natural.

The title seems to be, IMO, a bit enlarged given what he may be doing. Being a full time WC athlete leaves little time for much else.

Director of Skiing has suggested a lot more. They may have overshot the mark with that one. A friend heard it, and immediately jumped to the conclusion that Travis was the Alpine Race Program Director at SV. A job, with all due respect, that might shall we say not be a good fit, yet. No.

BTW, I think that Travis may have been in Tahoe for about a week during the entire season, if that.

At least SVA has generated some buzz!

Last edited:

ScotsSkier

USSA Coach
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
He is NOT retiring.

This "role" is going to be pretty minimal, as I understand it. Words like mentoring young skiers, being an SVA ambassabor, etc.

Pretty much every ski academy tries to trade off their more prolific alums, and Travis living in the Tahoe basin, and being a good guy makes this one a natural.

The title seems to be, IMO, a big enlarged given what he may be doing. Being a full time WC athlete leaves little time for much else.

Director of skiing has suggested a lot more. They may have overshot the mark with that. A friend heard it, and immediately jumped to the conclusion that Travis was the Alpine Race Program Director at SV. A job, with all due respect, that would shall we say might not be a good fit, yet.

BTW, I think that Travis may have been in Tahoe for about a week during the entire season, if that.

At least SVA has generated some buzz!

This!

From his FB page (as others had raised similar Qs!)

"Haha not retiring at all from racing just consulting with the academy to help it be the best it can be!"

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January