• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review Transpack Heated Boot Pro

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Just as we don’t know how much we will miss something, until it is gone, we don’t know how much we would love something, if it never came along.

Love is funny that way.

It was that way for me; I was really in love! (At least I thought I was). I had found the perfect skiing companion.

Carrying my boots was no problem, nor was carrying my helmet, gloves, goggles and at least three spare lenses, various and sundry face masks, balaclavae (I think that must be right!), and caps, not to mention tools, sunblock, Chapstick™, analgesics, sharpening stones, dry socks, spare jeans, a full water bottle (and maybe a flask for après ski), as well as a change of clothes (generally informal) and perhaps enough reading material to wait out a typical Sunday afternoon on I-70.

Oh, and groceries too! Nothing fancy, just some Carr’s® water crackers and a little salmon pate to go with the Sonoma-Cutrer® chardonnay kept chilled inside.

Is it any wonder why I was reluctant to forsake something so elegant, sturdy, and dependable, for a flash in the pan?

But the newer model was hot!

And so I fell in love again, this time with the Transpack Heated Boot Pro.

Oh, I will miss the Transpack TRV Pro, for its 3,300 cubic inches which was Designed For The World Traveler Who Doesn't Leave Home Without Their Boots, Helmet and Gear. But that cute little 2,200 cubic inch Transpack Heated Boot Pro really puts out (the BTUs).

With features like these, what’s not to love:

· Function: Backpack warms and dries your ski or snowboard boots.

· Fabric: Super tough, water resistant coated 1680 ballistic nylon and polyester ripstop.

· Safety tested heating elements and components warm boots to the right temperature for both comfort and evaporation of moisture.

· Three heat settings allow you to set the desired heat temperature to warm your boots as well as gloves, hat and socks.

· 2 Plugs: a standard plug for wall outlets or a 12 volt plug for your car.

· Top zippered mesh compartments for evaporated moisture to escape.

· Side hinged front door opening for easy access to boots.

· External helmet pocket on door opening accommodates a full sized helmet

· or can be zipped up flat allowing the bag to stay compact.

· Water resistant tarpaulin bottom.

· Closed cell foam padded back with ID holder.

· Contoured adjustable neoprene comfort shoulder straps.

· Adjustable sternum strap for stability.

· Many internal and external pockets for tools, accessories,

· personal items and gear.

· Stow-away compartment for shoulder straps.

· Zipper side pockets with reflective stripe.

· Comfort grip rubber top handle.

· Double locking, self-repairing nylon coil zippers.

· Volume: 2200 cu. in. / 37L

As an inveterate over-packer, it took a little getting used to. But for an elegant solution to an age-old problem (cold, wet ski boots) it would be hard to image a better one.

In the Heated Boot Pro, Transpack once again delivers an epic blend of functionality and durability.

The heating elements are sealed, rendering them impervious to moisture and reliable in operation.

After a day of soaking your boots with snow and perspiration, zipping them into the Transpack’s central chamber and plugging the bag into a 110v outlet will magically transform those cold, wet liners into snug, pedal cocoons overnight.

Alternatively, the Heated Boot Pro offers a 12v plug, to heat your boots, gloves, and whatever else you can fit inside, while being transported to the hill.

This little bag is a gem.

But, as impressed as I am with the Transpack Heated Boot Pro, I will never give up my TRV Pro.

You never forget your first love.
TRV_YellowElectric.png

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Nice post. Thanks for adding your review.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I can't tell you how much I wish I'd been at A-Basin.
The gang and the mountain!

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just bought two of these after the heating element in our Hotgearbag died for the third time and we couldn't get a replacement. Tried Gerrys rigging with heating pads but didn't really work.

I miss being able to get two pairs in one bag but these Transpacks are really well made and efficient as described above.

My only gripe is that it doesn't heat the boots up as warm as the old Hotgearbag did. Dunno if it is the 12v plug that doesn't keep them as warm or if they just don't heat up as well. I have left them overnight but boots still come out just above room temperature at the slopes.

I'd be curious to know if that is what you find or if I just happened to get two defective bags which seems unlikely. We bought them pretty cheaply through PSIA.

Sponsor

Staff online