• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Transition weight for girls to women's skis

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
Finally, consider the importance of boots, too soft, the stiffer ski will feel like crap, too stiff and a softer ski will feel like crap (simple explaination). Remember boots are the interface between the ski and the skier, as such should factor in any major equipment change.

^^^ this. super important and it appears to me that the boot/binding/ski/snow system interaction is not explicitly discussed more often.

Large Squirrel

a.k.a. guitar73
Skier
You are new here..we discuss this a LOT.

that's good, but I don't see it discussed more in the more public outlets (i.e. ski gear reviews on youtube, etc.). I guess the boot/binding/ski/snow system interaction is more a nuance that the average "go skiing four times a season" person cares to think about.

oldschoolskier

Making fresh tracks
Skier
You are new here..we discuss this a LOT.
In any ski question, someone mentions it, I just got to first on this one :D in a pleasant manner.

A few careful questions of @Philpug (and a few others) with details about you can get you pointed in the right boot direction (or ski wise for that matter).

TS
Chickenmonkey

Chickenmonkey

David T.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Figured I would provide an update.

I didn’t buy new skis for my daughter. I bought new skis for my older son who was in the same situation. This left his 158 gotama jrs. for her. I did get her some jr. boots. She loves them, yay! 158 would be too long for her in an adult ski but is just fine in a jr ski.

He ended up on the Head Ethan Too, which is awesome because his name is Ethan. It’s a tweener ski. He is 5 foot 5 and weighs 115 so the 162 cm size worked out great and level 9 had them for $129. He also is happy.

Thanks for all the info!

Sponsor

Staff online