• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Toe socks for skiing

skeylargo

Booting up
Skier
I have Morton's Neuroma (inflammation/thickening of the nerve between metatarsal bones) in both my feet and found that wearing toe socks has made a huge difference in reducing pain - I just started doing that about a month ago. I guess wearing toe socks creates more space between my toes as opposed to regular socks that "squish" my toes together. I also use toe spacers but I don't think I would be able to put toe spacers in my ski boots.
The only wool toe-socks I found so far are Injinji. Are there others that I am missing? Can there be any issues with wearing toe socks vs regular socks for skiing?

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
These toe spacers help me (not neuroma, though) and they're thin enough to wear in regular socks and shoes.

TS
S

skeylargo

Booting up
Skier
These toe spacers help me (not neuroma, though) and they're thin enough to wear in regular socks and shoes.

I have a SUPER WIDE foot. Most wide shoes don't fit me, even some shoes that are foot-shape (really wide in toes) are still too tight. Regular socks don't fit me well either, toe spacers do not fit in regular-cut socks.

Just found out that Icebreaker makes more anatomically cut socks, including ski socks.

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
Also this thread...

TS
S

skeylargo

Booting up
Skier
@skeylargo Out of curiosity. what boots are you in?
Although I own two pairs of boots, looks like I will have to buy a new pair. After trying them on they seem to now too short and too narrow. I think my fee might have gotten wider/bigger since even my trusted hiking shoes seem to be too small now. My footwidth measures 94mm and one of the boots says that it has 100mm last but it still feels tight.
Need to figure out how to find a reputable boot fitter to get new boots.

BLiP

Out on the slopes
Skier
Need to figure out how to find a reputable boot fitter to get new boots.
A reputable boot fitter should be able to make more room in the toe box for you pretty easily. May be easier and better than getting a new boot. If you go with a HV boot, that means it will be bigger everywhere, including areas where maybe you don't need more room.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Is Billy Kaplan still in business?

TS
S

skeylargo

Booting up
Skier
Is Billy Kaplan still in business?

Not sure who Billy Kaplan is ....

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Probably nothing but ......

If your feet have suddenly increased in size such that none of your shoes fit any more, it could be a health related issue. Might wan to pursue this further.

skibum4ever

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have Morton's Neuroma (inflammation/thickening of the nerve between metatarsal bones) in both my feet and found that wearing toe socks has made a huge difference in reducing pain - I just started doing that about a month ago. I guess wearing toe socks creates more space between my toes as opposed to regular socks that "squish" my toes together. I also use toe spacers but I don't think I would be able to put toe spacers in my ski boots.
The only wool toe-socks I found so far are Injinji. Are there others that I am missing? Can there be any issues with wearing toe socks vs regular socks for skiing?

I have overlapping toes and wear toe socks at all times.

The only ski toe sock I have found is Injinji as well. Before I found them I experimented unsuccessfully with various types of toe spacers. They did not work in ski boots.

Sponsor

Staff online