• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tires!

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
well.... its always a journey for me.

I was first thinking to stick with my NN's but after testing a few different tires, I really liked the MAxxis tires (with the exception of the Ikon) On mtbr, people were "saying" the Rekon 2.8's really seated at 2.67. A Maxxis rep posted up the proper way to "break" Maxxis tires in and that they really should seat up at or near the size stated. So, I didn't want anything over 2.6. I did ride the DHF 2.5wt on the 5.5 and I liked that tire, So after seeing that the DHF 2.6wt's are out now, I decided to go DHF 2.6 and Rekon 2.6. they should both settle in at just under 2.6 on my i35 rims. Interesting to note is that a 2.6wt will roll at 28.4" tall.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I've got about 40,000 miles on my Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs and treads still pretty deep so hoping for 1 more winter out of them. I'll have close to 50,000 on them by next summer so that's pretty damn good in my book. I plan to replace these tires with the exact same thing next year.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
I've got about 40,000 miles on my Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs and treads still pretty deep so hoping for 1 more winter out of them. I'll have close to 50,000 on them by next summer so that's pretty damn good in my book. I plan to replace these tires with the exact same thing next year.

not sure I have the clearance on my frame for those :roflmao:

Sponsor

Staff online