• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review 2016 Transpack Heated Boot Pro Bag

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
The TRV Pro is just a great bag: 50% more storage than the Heated Boot Pro (3,300 cu in vs 2,200), plus better weight and balance as a back pack.
I wish it had a heater, but I am perfectly happy with my ghetto set-up.
But then again I am a guy who drives a truck with 223,000 miles on it.

Ironically, I couldn't live without its heated leather 6-way power seats (with dual memory settings, power lumbar adjustment, and separate heat settings for seat and lumbar regions).

Go figure. :huh:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I already have something I use to warm my boots on the way to the slopes. It has 4 wheels and a transmission.

I used to think this, but on a cold (for Colorado) morning at A Basin, I realized that my boots, in the back of my Outback, were frigid even with the handwarmers sitting in the toes. I had a very bad foot day.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We use our heated boot bag (s)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
How wet are your boots?:eek:

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh man, our HGB heating element died AGAIN. And they do not have replacement I stock. We like the HGB because we can fit both pairs of boots in the one bag. But I am kinda PO'd that this would be the third element in about 6 years. We have become hooked on the whole warm boot thing, so are wondering if there is an
alternative that is more durable. Apex or Transpack? Would not likely ever carry on, so airline overhead compatibility not an issue. I suppose I can Gerry rig it with a heating pad for the time being....

drewski

Putting on skis
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My jerry rigged heated boot bag works great, 20 bucks Amazon for a car seat heating pad wrapped inside my Rossi bag. plug it in on the way to the mountain and arrived with toasted boots.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Tried the heating pad. Didn't really work as it kept shutting itself off. Broke down and bought 2 Transpacks bags on discount. They are well made. Better construction than the HGB. Have just enough room for just the essentials but sacrifice some space presumably to accommodate carry on. The only fault is that even on high overnight they get the boots warmish but nowhere near as toasty as the old HGB

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Kulkea has a new heated bag, as well. I didn't compare it directly to Transpack's heated bag, maybe @Tricia can help there.

IMG_4499.jpg

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Kulkea has a new heated bag, as well. I didn't compare it directly to Transpack's heated bag, maybe @Tricia can help there.

View attachment 19156
We spoke with one of the brothers at the Boston Ski Show about this. I suspect that it will be quite sturdy, but my impression from talking to him was that it might be a little large to use as a carry-on. I will be interested to see what the price of this bag is. My Transpack heated bag works fine as a carry-on when I travel.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
We spoke with one of the brothers at the Boston Ski Show about this. I suspect that it will be quite sturdy, but my impression from talking to him was that it might be a little large to use as a carry-on. I will be interested to see what the price of this bag is. My Transpack heated bag works fine as a carry-on when I travel.

No, I don't think it will work as a carry on.

asnowmobiler

Advanced Beginner
Skier
I was able to try my Transpack last weekend for the first time, it was so nice having warm, easy to get into ski boots.
The bag was plugged into my car for the 5 hour ride and they felt great, but that night in the room, I wasn't sure what setting use to dry the boots and how long was safe on each setting. I figured the low setting could be used overnight, but wasn't sure if that would be enough to dry them out, so I just used high for a few hours and then switched to low for the rest of the night. I would much rather be able to set it and forget it and still have dry boots in the morning.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was able to try my Transpack last weekend for the first time, it was so nice having warm, easy to get into ski boots.
The bag was plugged into my car for the 5 hour ride and they felt great, but that night in the room, I wasn't sure what setting use to dry the boots and how long was safe on each setting. I figured the low setting could be used overnight, but wasn't sure if that would be enough to dry them out, so I just used high for a few hours and then switched to low for the rest of the night. I would much rather be able to set it and forget it and still have dry boots in the morning.
The low setting on this bag is more than enough to dry them overnight.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

View attachment 19156

My family of 4 has used Transpack TRV Pro bags for as long as they have been available. They have worked for us in all situations...at Elk, Catskills, VT, and all of our trips out west. But I gotta tell you, this Kulkea Heated Bag shown above has got me thinking about an upgrade? Man, that is a sweet looking bag and heated too.

Sponsor