• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Individual Review 2016 Transpack Heated Boot Pro Bag

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 891

I am sticking to my ghetto rig! Heated bags are for sissies:0

Believe me, I was there before last year. And I still really despise the actual bag. Were it not for the Zipfits, I'd still be using my very favorite bag ever, where the boots go on the outside. Sniff, sniff.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Don't forget, Tricia. I can buy a really nice bottle of scotch with the savings!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Don't forget, Tricia. I can buy a really nice bottle of scotch with the savings!
And once that it gone..where will you be? :huh: Still with the same ole bag.:0 OK, a Heated boot bag is about $219. Your TVR Pro back in $129, the The Dry Guy Dryers are $49.00 That leaves about $50 for a bottle of scotch..that is nice, but far from really nice. :duck:

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
And once that it gone..where will you be? :huh: Still with the same ole bag.:0 OK, a Heated boot bag is about $219. Your TVR Pro back in $129, the The Dry Guy Dryers are $49.00 That leaves about $50 for a bottle of scotch..that is nice, but far from really nice. :duck:
Yeah but I already own the TRV pro and the dry guy warmers.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I like scotch.
Just sayin.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
I could almost buy a bottle of this.
ardbeg-airigh-nam-beist-single-malt-scotch-whisky-islay-scotland-10432853.jpg

And I would let you have some too.:beercheer:

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
These hacks work to an extent, but they aren't even close to what the bag does. I didn't really care until I got Zipfits, and then it's really really really nice to have the entire thing heat up.

You can buy an element directly from Hot Gear; I wonder how it would go in a regular bag. It's $59, so maybe trying a large heating pad first would work. (this has the car charger attachment, though)
I thought about trying a heating pad in my dakine bag, which holds all my stuffs and is easy to fly with. Anybody have experience with doing this compared to buying a heated bag? Also, I wonder how durable the heating element is.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Oh @Blue Streak you disappoint me. It is yours truly who would let you have some.

Meanwhile I took some pictures of the two different heated boot bags we have here. As Phil said, the Transpack is far better for air travel because its more compact, while it still has room for the things you need.

Photo #1 is the HGB with my helmet and gloves inside with the boots.
IMG_0001.JPG

Transpack Heated bag with my size 23.5 boots
IMG_0002.JPG

#3 is Trasnpack Heated bag with size 23.5 boots and small bolle
IMG_0003.JPG

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This is a shot of the bag with boots and mittens inside with the helmet strapped securely on the outside.

IMG_0004.JPG

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Did you miss the part about the?
7310_545138fe26158946074861c4461f79c2.jpg

And the willingness to share?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I see that you were willing to share. I thought you originally implied that you'd buy me a bottle of scotch and that it would be me who shares with you. :cool:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
@Tricia - what model of HGB is yours? Ajax or Classic or something else?

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
But a bottle of whisky doesn't last all season! or even two...

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Oh @Blue Streak you disappoint me. It is yours truly who would let you have some.

Meanwhile I took some pictures of the two different heated boot bags we have here. As Phil said, the Transpack is far better for air travel because its more compact, while it still has room for the things you need.

#3 is Trasnpack Heated bag with size 23.5 boots and small bolle
View attachment 894
Now see, I would kind of put the helmet on TOP of one of the boots as though it were a headless neck. Would that work?
The HGB is heavy as hell but it's just fine for schlepping locally. Flew with it once and it did fit in the overhead bins but was a bitch to carry around the airport. Are the Transpacks lighter? I won't be buying one anytime soon since I am fine with the product I have, but am curious. A big beef of mine is definitely the weight of the HGB. I can't imagine how much it would weight with a bottle of scotch or a 6-pack of Stone in it.

Sponsor

Staff online