• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Thoughts on old Nordica enforcer

SmileGuy

Booting up
Skier
Me: 166-170 lb 5' 10" Aspen home hill skier, 5th season living here, finally an expert skier. Not perfect but can ski anything. Have become more of a carver than slarver even in off piste conditions.

My quiver: 2010 stockli laser SC 168cm( they taught me to lay it over and arc)
Head monster 88 175cm- everyday ski wow fresh snow. Love it
Nordica hell and back 186cm. My one ski quiver 5 years ago. Still enjoy but doesn't hold an edge anymore on icy.
Line supernatural 108 186cm- love it sometimes, but not quick through the trees at highlands. Love it for bombing broken pow.
Line influence 115, 186cm 2nd gen. great pow ski, could keep forever. Does a pow ski ever wear out for most of us?

Wanted(def not need) a new ski for variable snow around 95-105 for skiing temerity steep trees. Thought 185cm new enforcer would be perfect, but much too turny for my driving style. And SN108 and many in this class too long of a TR for what I need. I considered the monster 98 and 108 but TR Is in mid 20s.

So, I bought a brand new pair of old enforcers. Same shape as my hell and backs but 2 sheets of metal. Any thoughts on if I'll like them?

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
It'll hold an edge better than the hell and backs. And it loves crappy conditions. Wouldn't call them quick, and depending on the length they can require some attention. Lack of tip or tail rocker wouldn't make it my choice for tree skiing but different strokes for different folks. IME -- TR isn't a very useful indicator when tree skiing. Even charging skiers are pivoting when skiing trees.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
You didn't mention the length, but if you have'm, ski'em. If they don't work, demo a 17-18 monster 98. They've made it a bit softer, given it a bit more tip rise (still NOTHING like the current enforcer) which will most likely ski better for someone your weight than the 15-16 or 16-17. A 17-18 Bonefide might work better though for something between a Monster 98 and the new Enforcer if the old one isn't your ticket.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I liked the old Enforcer..a lot. It actually would bend in a turn with having to go Mach Schnell speed. I was also NOT a fan of the Hell & Back Hell & Back..the lack of metal was felt with the lack of isolation. Nordica tried the kill the Enforcer for years and it wouldn't die...dealers kept ordering it.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
It's be cool if they'd do a limited re-release of the original, that's for sure!

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I'm just impressed you could find a new OG Enforcer!

TS
S

SmileGuy

Booting up
Skier
Thanks for input guys. Sorry forgot to mention 186cm new enforcer. Same as my old hell and backs. And same exact shape in a better construction I hope. Thanks Phil, with your input I'm gonna love the enforcer as I liked the hell and back!

Jim, a friend that opens a ski tune shop/sometimes ski shop had them and loves as his personal ski.

Jmeb, I here you when it comes to turn radius, but since getting on monster 88 w an 18 m radius I find I need to pivot less and can make more carved turns in the trees or at least more of each turn on edge. Maybe it's my imagination, but sure feels that way to me. I'm cruising pretty quicks through most trees though besides the fastest runs. Obviously, I'm pivoting/ slashing and doing whatever else needed but like to carve some turns in there also. My SN 108 with the 25m long radius is def more of a challenge in the trees compared to my hell and back w 21m radius even at same length.

Am I the only ones jonesing to ski?

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Thanks for input guys. Sorry forgot to mention 186cm new enforcer. Same as my old hell and backs. And same exact shape in a better construction I hope. Thanks Phil, with your input I'm gonna love the enforcer as I liked the hell and back!

Jim, a friend that opens a ski tune shop/sometimes ski shop had them and loves as his personal ski.

Jmeb, I here you when it comes to turn radius, but since getting on monster 88 w an 18 m radius I find I need to pivot less and can make more carved turns in the trees or at least more of each turn on edge. Maybe it's my imagination, but sure feels that way to me. I'm cruising pretty quicks through most trees though besides the fastest runs. Obviously, I'm pivoting/ slashing and doing whatever else needed but like to carve some turns in there also. My SN 108 with the 25m long radius is def more of a challenge in the trees compared to my hell and back w 21m radius even at same length.

I have the Monster 88's in 184cm and love them for the common, "it has not snowed in days" conditions in Colorado. For the fresh snow days (anything from 4" plus) I grab my Moment Deathwish (112mm wide, 190cm long) which have a 27m turn radius but they feel turny to me and very very versatile regarding turn shapes and styles. So I would not rule out a ski due to its turn radius. Look more into its overall design and construction.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier

Nope.

I skied this weekend for the first time in a while and it flipped all my ski thoughts back on. Time to start taking inventory for the new season.

19554867_10110163614102800_8567978865695210586_n.jpg

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Skyscraper?

Yep. Was able to ski a sort of narrow strip right from the parking lot for about 5-600' down to the trail to Bob/Betty lakes. Then climb over to and up Skyscraper.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
There are two "old" Enforcers. The original, without any early rise, and the slightly newer one with a bit of early rise.

I loved my originals, but after demoing a few skis with a bit of early rise, realized it was time to move on.

I tried really really hard to find some of the early rise versions, and failed, so picked up a pair of H&B H&Bs. They are a very good ski, but lack of metal makes them a little jittery as speeds rise. Astounding energy, though.

TS
S

SmileGuy

Booting up
Skier
There are two "old" Enforcers. The original, without any early rise, and the slightly newer one with a bit of early rise.

I loved my originals, but after demoing a few skis with a bit of early rise, realized it was time to move on.

I tried really really hard to find some of the early rise versions, and failed, so picked up a pair of H&B H&Bs. They are a very good ski, but lack of metal makes them a little jittery as speeds rise. Astounding energy, though.

Tom, I agree that the hell and backs were a ton of energy but for me stable at speed except when needing a hid an edge on very hard snow. Or when running bases flat but I just ignored the bit of tip flop. Compared to many early rise, not so bad. But I seem to be alone on that. Excited the enforcer should have the same early rise and exact shape as the hell and back but with more backbone.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Ah, you bought the newEnforcer, not the OG. Actually, I quite liked the H&B myself, but wanted to find an OG Enforcer to compare. Unfortunately, the only one I ever saw in Tokyo was (I think) 163cm

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Actually three old Enforcers, the original with the turned up tail.

nordica-supercharger-enforcer-skis_1_15cbfce2d2e42066e5d7c23666a24f16.jpg

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Actually three old Enforcers, the original with the turned up tail.

nordica-supercharger-enforcer-skis_1_15cbfce2d2e42066e5d7c23666a24f16.jpg

Wow, I have never seen a pair of those skis.

Learn something new every day.

Were they sold in the U.S.?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wow, I have never seen a pair of those skis.

Learn something new every day.

Were they sold in the U.S.?
Yup, 2006 or so. A three ski "Supercharger" series, the 86mm Ingitor, 98mm Enforcer and 110mm Blower.

TS
S

SmileGuy

Booting up
Skier
Yup, 2006 or so. A three ski "Supercharger" series, the 86mm Ingitor, 98mm Enforcer and 110mm Blower.
The blower turned into the girish I assume? My buddy just retired the gurush at the end of his season as his everyday ski. Great ski but not sure how he skied it everyday.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January